• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Radeon R9 Nano coming next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
The performance to power is good, but not £550+ good. It's target market is the itx crowd, why on earth someone would stump up near twice the price for this rather then clocking the hell out of a 970 is beyond me, even the fury x becomes a better option for itx provided you have a spare 120mm mount.

Furthermore, if amd can get this perf v power ratio on the nano, why haven't they scaled this up on a bigger card to 250w+ and blown Maxwell out of the water?

Not so much disappointed, but certainly puzzled.

I would be interested to know how they did it, on the face of it it doesn't look any different to the Fury and yet its a lot more efficient.

Soldato
I would be interested to know how they did it, on the face of it it doesn't look any different to the Fury and yet its a lot more efficient.

looking at some of the reviews, they seem to be suggesting the cards are actually pulling 200ish at 850mhz and 240ish at 1070, so the perf/watt is actually the same as the FuryX, they've just labelled the nano as 175W but its pulling more than that at stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom