• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD RX 6000 Series UK Pricing ?

Soldato
Someone definitely did "buy" a 3070 at 7 grand. I can't say for sure if they paid or just did it to mess with a scalper but this was on Amazon.

A local seller on gumtree was selling an RTX 3070FE for £700. This was about a week after release and I contacted them after the advert had been up for 24 hours out of interest. It was still for sale. I don't think anyone is overspending crazy amounts. 3080 is more sought after and you can probably scalp them but the 3090 and 3070 have slowed down.

Associate
we dont even know the retailers who will stock these tomorrow, bad form on AMD if you ask me. the 5000 processers werent scalped they just sold out really quick. A new product is being launched tomorrow and we know nothing about it. Imagine Sony just releases their ps5 on the 19th with no details prior and no product pages that would be a disaster. Infact, all manfactures should stop all press releases and when they have something new to market just send it out to market. lool!

Associate
we dont even know the retailers who will stock these tomorrow, bad form on AMD if you ask me. the 5000 processers werent scalped they just sold out really quick. A new product is being launched tomorrow and we know nothing about it. Imagine Sony just releases their ps5 on the 19th with no details prior and no product pages that would be a disaster. Infact, all manfactures should stop all press releases and when they have something new to market just send it out to market. lool!

they should have released the reviews of these cards a day before launch like NVIDIA did. It’s a very anti consumer move to drop them when you know you have limited stocks and no customer would get the time to read reviews. No respect for the customer’s money whatsoever.

Soldato
Someone definitely did "buy" a 3070 at 7 grand. I can't say for sure if they paid or just did it to mess with a scalper but this was on Amazon.

Loads on ebay were being sold in the 10's of thousands so that the scalpers has to go through the rigmarole of relisting etc. Scalpers get botted by fake accounts from people annoyed at scalpers.

There are loads of updates for stock each day for 3080's & 3090's on amazon - all 3rd party amazon sellers (scalpers). THis gen of gfx cards (I dont know why) has been inundated with scalpers in numbers never seen before, but likely due to limited stock coming from Nvidia & AIBS making them hard to get hold of.

Associate
Dollars will equal pounds over here. Those prices are insane. I expected amd to be more reasonable than nvidia to be honest. I was completely wrong.
Well with the Ryzen 5000 pricing, AMD has demonstrated that they are willing to charge high prices like NVIDIA and Intel if they have the superior product. If the 6800 XT truly beats the 3090, they would charge the prices to match.

Soldato
Dollars will equal pounds over here. Those prices are insane. I expected amd to be more reasonable than nvidia to be honest. I was completely wrong.

More reasonable? How much more reasonable are you expect? They're already cheaper than nVidia equivalent while being *faster

*According to AMD slides, needs third party verifications

Associate

Thats Australian Dollars not US....

6800 = £580
6800XT = £640

going by those prices.

And those are the +tax prices it seems as well.

Caporegime
So is it true about 1200 units for the whole of the UK :p?

I am waiting for reviews and in no rush to replace my V56 but that's hilarious if true.

Associate
So is it true about 1200 units for the whole of the UK :p?

I am waiting for reviews and in no rush to replace my V56 but that's hilarious if true.

No one knows, rumors are AMD did not give much stock to their lesser partners (Asus, MSI, Gigabyte) and instead gave the lions share to their main partners (Sapphire, Powercolor, XFX, Asrock).

Back
Top Bottom