• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD RX 7900XT, 90% to 130% faster than 6900XT, MCM, Q4 2022.

Soldato
Oh bless you son. I would suggest you start with Dr Ian Cutress then move to level 1 techs to learn exactly WHY you are wrong.

This is what I thought in my head when I read this post.

"Harlequin looks at the last post, feels contempt built up inside against the poster. He proceed to chuckle whilst shaking his head, his neck and cheeks wobble side to side due to the gentle shake of the head.
Harlequin decides to attempt to annoy the poster by calling him son again in his ever so helpful reply.. "There you go, go educate yourself to why you are wrong son".. he writes this whilst continuing to chuckle in a way the oozes superior intellect"

There were other aspects to my vision above which I wont post, as I'd most likely get suspended... ;p

Soldato
I am excited for this release because of the new technology being applied for the GPUs.

I can see there was some handbags thrown a while back and I think, its fair to say that both of the well known twitter leakers are most likely working for the top tier AIB partners/Nvidia/AMD or, are direct friends of people that are.

Their leaks over the past two generations have been spot on.

I think whats happened with the AMD performance estimates is that, the new RDNA chips were designed for a specific performance target, that target was leaked, the chips taped out but the yields at that original level we either not good enough or the clock speed/voltage mix was off and therefore the number of stream processors in use has been cut.

Like anything we have seen with AMD/Nvidia over the years if enough chips start to yield at the original specification for stream processors, we might see a XTX version or Ti versions of the chips later on that give us the full original design specification.

The 1.9x figure will be amazing if we see it, i cant see why not, exciting times, get those giant liquid cooled radiators and big PSU's ready, you are going to need them!

Associate
My last upgrade was a 5700Xt and 3800 CPU. So i am going to be going for one of these new 7900x GPUS and amd's next gen CPU. Should be a nice upgrade, Hopefully it wont break the bank too much. Idealy dont want to spend more then £600 on a Gfx card. Think the 5700xt cost around £450ish?

Caporegime
OP
Very good, I was actually thinking of NAAF :cry:

Chris on the right.

That's why everyone wants AMD to win, no one really wants to buy AMD stuff, they just want Nvidia to lower prices.

Which is true, and that's why RNDA3 GPU's are not going to be cheap, certainly not much cheaper than Nvidia, because if you can sell 10 GPU's at £500 but only 9 GPU's at £600 you make a lot more money than selling them at £500.

Its not going to happen, and that's why they get crap from people like Hardware Unboxed, really banging on the lets hate on AMD drum for charging $299 for the 5600X while completely ignoring the arguably worse CPU that was the 10700K for $379.

That sort of disingenuous straw-manning also isn't going to make AMD budge, and they didn't, you're actually going to have to put real pressure on Nvidia for a change, oh dear....

Caporegime
OP
Precisely witnessed on the forums over the years. Its like a comfort blanket. Buy one product, complain its expensive but blame the competitor for not being good enough.

Yeah, and so far as i'm concerned people like that can go self procreate, same for those people who expect the little guy to take a hit on their margins so they can get cheaper GPU's from the other guy, no, #### off its not going to happen anyway, what your GPU cost is entirely down to you and only you.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Its funny as why change a habit of a lifetime. Even when AMD release a cpu/gpu that's "competitive" there's always reasons to be found to still buy nvidia or intel. It isnt a fanboy observation as that won't change but the neutral fans which need to be watched.

I daresay even if RDNA3 release a tier in a few months that is cleanly better than nvidia in virtually every feature, it will still somehow tie overall. :cry:

Caporegime
OP
Its funny as why change a habit of a lifetime. Even when AMD release a cpu/gpu that's "competitive" there's always reasons to be found to still buy nvidia or intel. It isnt a fanboy observation as that won't change but the neutral fans which need to be watched.

I daresay even if RDNA3 release a tier in a few months that is cleanly better than nvidia in virtually every feature, it will still somehow tie overall. :cry:

Tech Journalists have a lot to do with it.

Nvidia are good for paid pieces, even if its not Nvidia directly their board partners are often quite willing to do paid pieces with these journalists.

AMD, much less so. When Jay22Cents says "Asus are one of our partners" he's not talking about Radeon GPU's.

Nothing at all wrong with that, but its why they are never really critical of Nvidia, ever, they will do a couple of videos here and there when Nvidia are really very egregious but that's only because its at a level they can't be seen to ignore.

AMD are an easy target and with a couple of them it goes to their ###### heads. Steve Walton abusing Lisa Sue in her twitter feed is an example how someone like that can get a sense of justice so overblown it makes them mental, like a price justice male Karen.

Soldato

In a way I don't mind too much as it's less competition for the AMD parts. With some luck the Nvidia GPUs will be so hyped the AMD cards will be more available. I relatively easily got a 5800X3D on release, imagine if that had been an Intel CPU, no chance!

I will buy Intel and Nvidia but only if AMD really make a mess of things.

Soldato
In a way I don't mind too much as it's less competition for the AMD parts. With some luck the Nvidia GPUs will be so hyped the AMD cards will be more available. I relatively easily got a 5800X3D on release, imagine if that had been an Intel CPU, no chance!

I will buy Intel and Nvidia but only if AMD really make a mess of things.

Completely agree. If both brands put out strong cards, 2023 might be a time where retailers go back to 'offers' and you can choose a suitable deal rather than bending over dry - or fighting over founders editions with trickle volume.

Soldato
Nothing at all wrong with that, but its why they are never really critical of Nvidia, ever, they will do a couple of videos here and there when Nvidia are really very egregious but that's only because its at a level they can't be seen to ignore.

Have observed this myself with same conclusion, which is whether or not tubers are on the official list of reputable yadda - I still regulate my salt seller for invested interest bias. :)

Back
Top Bottom