AMD RYZEN 5000 SERIES 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X NOW ONLINE AT OcUK!!

Associate
how can you give everyone an accurate queue position when you're currently in the process of mailing them out

do the math
Easy. If you have 60 items you subtract 60 from the customers queue position and that is there new position. If they started between 1 and 60 you send them a "You're in luck" message instead.

Associate
My guess is they are understaffed with the current situation, there is also probably tons of delays with deliveries depending on where you live considering Christmas coming and massive delays in logistics across England, I think they are trying to do their best to fulfill as many as they can as fast as they can

Associate
how can you give everyone an accurate queue position when you're currently in the process of mailing them out

do the math
1) You actually need figures to do the math do you not?
2) We do not know if stock has come in!
3) There are a lot of what if's and maybe's
So with that lot all I said was the fact I have had no info to go on unless you know what is going on but even if you did have info I would ignore it anyway as you are not Gibbo.
Order received - not yet shipped is the only solid fact I have right now

Associate
Let me say that I do not blame OC for the shortages. However, I am very disappointed by their communications. The sites I have looked at during this non-availability fiasco (for which I blame AMD and nVidia) seem to have taken several different approaches.

The best offer a regularly updated status page carrying expected deliveries, actual deliveries, queue lengths by card/cpu type etc. This gives the customer the best info possible to make any decisions they wish
A lot of sites offer a "notify me" service where they will send you an email if an item becomes orderable. I'm currently awaiting delivery of a 3070 I snagged this way.
OC, unfortunately, does neither of these things.
There is now a page you can access from the main OC home page which leads to a pre-order FAQ. The very first question is "where am I in the queue" and the answer promises weekly email updates. The only other information of any real significance are links in another question to gibbo's forum threads on expected deliveries.

I really think an organisation which proudly boasts "Luckily, Overclockers UK is one of the UK's biggest resellers which guarantees we will always be one of the very first companies to acquire stock in the UK." could make a better fist of keeping its customers in the loop.

Soldato
Well this is an unexpected pleasure.... Had shipping notification yesterday, got a DPD your parcel will be delivered today email today. Wasn't expecting Sunday delivery! Awesome!

I assume dpd are just so busy they've got drivers working Sundays at the moment rather than overclockers sending out via a special service?

Associate
I assume dpd are just so busy they've got drivers working Sundays at the moment rather than overclockers sending out via a special service?
I had a DPD delivery on thursday. The driver told me he had the next two days off which would imply he was going to be working sunday, so you may well be right.

You know you are ordering too much tech when you are on first-name terms with your delivery driver(s).

Associate
Well this is an unexpected pleasure.... Had shipping notification yesterday, got a DPD your parcel will be delivered today email today. Wasn't expecting Sunday delivery! Awesome!

Same as! Nice Sunday surprise indeed :)

Back
Top Bottom