• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D CPU Burns Up

Soldato
I'll just post this here because we've been discussing it...

All seems stable at VDDIO 1.27, but reading around, it's intended to have it equal to the memory voltage. Mine's now reading 1.37, and it is unexpectedly but reliably getting 3 more GFLOPS in Linkpack every loop. I don't understand why, but since this is apparently normal and expected, and it hasn't changed temps in any way, I guess I will keep it :cry:

I've also found the bios setting for Curve Optimiser... I may have a go there, just to see if Ryzen Master is somehow the culprit that bluescreened me before. I cannot believe that stock vcore is 100% stable and -10mv is instant BSOD between post and login. That just feels like some software in the boot sequence is amiss.

Edit: totally Ryzen Master having a bad interaction with Windows 11. Running -10 from the bios CO, booted fine, seems to have found about 1.5% more performance. It's not a lot but obviously I am now obsessed and must tune until it can go no lower/faster!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
You might be able to lower it, just need to check it's still stable.

I now have my VDDIO running at 1.162v, same as my SOC voltage for 6200C26.

Try and sync it with whatever your SOC is running at and see if it's stable.

VDDIO and SOC synced at 1.25 ( in BIOS )

7lzimBe.png

TRFC can be lowered slightly, but seeing no gains - Same witjh increasing tREFI to 65535 ( max )

TRAS @48 ( so it follows the formula ) makes no difference.

Tcl @ 28 or tcl 32/6200 all come out around the same for me.

I keep seeing Reads in the 90s and Copy in the 80s, but i cant budge past 63.8 on both. ( Though the higher values were with a 7950X )

Do these look about right to you ?

DDR5 is new to me :D

EDIT : its Hynix M die

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

7lzimBe.png

TRFC can be lowered slightly, but seeing no gains - Same witjh increasing tREFI to 65535 ( max )

I keep seeing Reads in the 90s and Copy in the 80s, but i cant budge past 63.8 on both. ( Though the higher values were with a 7950X )

Take a look at this, this is what im using, he states this is very lose timings for Hynix

EDIT~: Ahh sorry had a closer look at your timings, looks like you're already using them.

Last edited:
Caporegime

7lzimBe.png

If you want better results, your timings can be improved. Lower is not always better.

Try these, copy them all bar my voltages which are tailored to my CPU/DRAM. Items in red, use those instead of what I am using. FCLK you can ignore, as not all CPUs will do 2167, especially at such low SOC voltage.

You also want memory context restore and power down mode disabled, same with geardown mode.

1.163v SOC
1.163v VDDIO
1.066v MISC
VDDP 1.101v
1.57v VDD
1.39 VDDQ (can be anywhere up to 0.200v lower than VDD. Use lower VDDQ to offset the higher temps from using high VDD. Auto board values match VDDIO/VDD/VDDQ, this is not necessary.

Q0iWUyG.png

Last edited:
Caporegime
If you want better results, your timings can be improved. Lower is not always better.

Try these, copy them all bar my voltages which are tailored to my CPU/DRAM. Items in red, use those instead of what I am using. FCLK you can ignore, as not all CPUs will do 2167, especially at such low SOC voltage.

You also want memory context restore and power down mode disabled, same with geardown mode.

1.163v SOC
1.163v VDDIO
1.066v MISC
VDDP 1.101v
1.57v VDD
1.39 VDDQ (can be anywhere up to 0.200v lower than VDD. Use lower VDDQ to offset the higher temps from using high VDD. Auto board values match VDDIO/VDD/VDDQ, this is not necessary.

Q0iWUyG.png
Mistake in my screenshot, RC needs to be 84, not 80 as RP is 36 not 32.

Last edited:
Associate
Helllo all
Could You lads help me out with some BIOS settings ? 7800x3d on Gigabyte x670e Master, im not sure how to set CPU_VDDIO_MEM voltage , should be on Auto / 1.1 V or as some say same as RAM 1,35 V ?

Any advice will be much appreciated

Caporegime
Helllo all
Could You lads help me out with some BIOS settings ? 7800x3d on Gigabyte x670e Master, im not sure how to set CPU_VDDIO_MEM voltage , should be on Auto / 1.1 V or as some say same as RAM 1,35 V ?

Any advice will be much appreciated
Auto values should match it to DRAM voltage which is generally fine. If not you can match it yourself if the board is picking 1.2v. At higher memory overclocks, some CPU samples will want it higher up to 1.4v or even higher buty for 6000Mhz and below 1.35v to match DRAM is good.
That soc voltage seems high, shouldn't it be set to 1.0v for long term reliability?
No, please stop handing out bad advice. Too much of that going on round here lately.

Last edited:
Soldato
Stop talking nonsense, 1.3v is the maximum you can set and is perfectly safe. Telling someone to use 1.0v on AM5 is a sure fire way to cause instability and possibly corruption of their operating system.
Well if your covering the warranties why don't you go ahead and give 2.0v the thumbs up too :rolleyes:

Associate
Hi

I'm on a asus tuf x670e-plus wifi paired with a 7800x3d and 64gb of gskill trident z5 cl30.
I've set the SoC to 1.2 in the bios but unsure what to set the CPU VDDIO / MC VOLTAGE to.
Auto runs it at 1.4 the same as the ram voltage, should I leave it there or run it at the same or as close to possible as the SoC.
Any input will be greatly appreciated

Back
Top Bottom