AMD RYZEN 7 aka ZEN NOW AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER!

V F

V F

Soldato
Its quite nice to see AMD in different colours. The last time I bought AMD 1090t, the box was black with the green logos.

Associate
How recently did you buy your 7700k? :rolleyes:

JPC! (Justifying purchase control!)

I think i'm going with the Aorus Gaming 5, on Gigabytes own website both the Gaming 5 and 7 have the EXACT same spec sheet can't see why I would spend 20 more =/

Going to go with Team Group Night Hawk Red LED memory as it's on offer atm and only £113.

Will get either a 1700 or 1700x depending on how much the coolers are gonna be.

Associate
OMFG I'm liking the look of the 1700 as it basically looks the same as the 1800x except I'd have to manually overclock it?

I wonder what the whole package would cost, CPU, board, RAM, and if I could get fittings to make my bequiet dark rock Pro cooler fit.....

Gibbo, did you mention the possibility of bundles?

Associate
OMFG I'm liking the look of the 1700 as it basically looks the same as the 1800x except if have to manually overclock it?

I wonder what the whole package would cost, CPU, board, RAM, and if I could get fittings to make my bequiet dark rock Pro cooler fit.....

There's 2 bundles with 1700 and 1700x with Asus Mobos only

Crap deals IMO the Asus Mobos seam disappointing only supporting 2666 memory speeds over Gigabyte but costing more money.

If the Gigabyte had a bundle I will get it...

HINT HINT XD

Associate
I like Gigabyte they seem to be better in my past experience, have an asrock ATM and don't rate it one bit. Can't wait to change but only for the right price and if these meet expectations of early purchasers.

But bang for buck looks like they will smash Intel price per performance, even if they don't match to speeds, they look like they can keep pace but for half price.... Intel you got to drop your prices or lose out to a lot of impending purchases....

Associate
My current mobo is a Asus Maximus 2 formula... i'm so outdated that I could upgrade my PC with a half eaten potato. So I have no idea what's good and what's not but Gigabye seam a better option to me.

Yeh the only thing is I have never actually OC before so i'm leaning towards the 1700x to do it for me. Even though I know 1700 bang for buck is insane.

Soldato
OMFG I'm liking the look of the 1700 as it basically looks the same as the 1800x except I'd have to manually overclock it?

Biggest worry for me is the 1700 will probably be the worst binned chips, if they overclock to 4 ghz base they will probably be best bang for buck.

OcUK Staff
OP
Biggest worry for me is the 1700 will probably be the worst binned chips, if they overclock to 4 ghz base they will probably be best bang for buck.

Yes all three chips are same technically, only difference clocks, but yes we do not know if AMD have binned them or not.

Associate
My current mobo is a Asus Maximus 2 formula... i'm so outdated that I could upgrade my PC with a half eaten potato. So I have no idea what's good and what's not but Gigabye seam a better option to me.

Yeh the only thing is I have never actually OC before so i'm leaning towards the 1700x to do it for me. Even though I know 1700 bang for buck is insane.

Maximus 3 formula here, I am waiting for some reliable benchmarks before i press the go button. My Bequiet Dark Rock is waiting with AM4 brackets already. I must resist purchasing until reviews will be out....

Associate
Oh boys i'm excited my old system has been limping along for years now and is well overdue an upgrade. I have a question though and I don't know if anyone can answer it. I have a Corsair H110 (not the i) cooling my current setup and I was wonderign if its compatible with AM4? I guess what i'm asking is, is the AM4 cooling setup different from previous generations?

Thanks

Associate
I won't be going high end this time as I don't keep my rigs long enough! 2 years is probably the longest so far for my main setup. I'll settle for a decent B350 based board along with a 6 core/12 thread Ryzen, 16GB DDR4 and an RX 480 (until Vega arrives) :).... But I'll wait for all reviews first and then a bit longer for any potential ugly bugs/flaws to arise! I've been stung a couple of times in the past as an early adopter!

Associate
Associate
Yes all three chips are same technically, only difference clocks, but yes we do not know if AMD have binned them or not.

You're basically gambling on their process maturity.

- If they're getting brilliant yields then they test for the top clock and sell at premium and there'll be good clockers in what's left.
- If they're struggling for top clocks then there'll be lots of chips incapable of higher speeds amongst the cheaper ones.

Back
Top Bottom