• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Ryzen 7 Eight Core 1800X Problem

Caporegime
Empyrion which is not optimized but still with this set up should be quicker that 8 year old 2500k cpu The other game I tried was shellshock which I always got very high fps. The fact that these games are slow to load as well has got me confused.

According to this Ryzen meets the requirements... http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=21267&canMyCpuRunIt=Empyrion: Galactic Survival

And ShellSock...

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=24387&canMyCpuRunIt=ShellShock Live

E-Sports like CS-GO and Rocket League ecte... are also not specifically optimised for Ryzen and yet people are easily getting over 200 FPS with Ryzen CPU's in those, its not necessary to have 'optimisations' for reasonable performance, you might want to optimise to get a higher level of performance but even that is mostly not necessary, 'universally' it doesn't work like that.

The sort of performance you're getting, something is wrong with your system, the Ryzen CPU with a fast GPU should be blasting though these games, a mate of mine has a Rysen 1700X with a GTX 1080 he is pinned to the 300 FPS cap wall constantly in any source engine game like Insurgency, CS-GO ecte....

Soldato
I am going to wipe and start again but only installing bios update and amd cpu update. Then test it

Good plan, test Cinebench first which is CPU only and should score well on the 1800x.

There are a number of things to change in the BIOS first but boot stock and test, then set DRAM profile (not OC just choose the right speed) and set voltage to the recommended value for yours. Leave timings on auto. Boot and test CB again, improves hopefully...

Reboot and configure a base overclock on CPU, ratio 40 will probably work on the 1800x, 1.45v , 1.15v SOC for initial test run before reducing. Few other settings to change in BIOS but as long as that is all scoring ok as a first step...

Worth checking the pins on the CPU are all ok and reseat the GPU while you're at it.

Associate
OP
sat%20idle.JPG

Soldato
how do i upload images

You need something like imagur to host, then hit the icon above this box...

Windows 10 if updated should have a Ryzen balanced plan, could be something wrong temp wise but seems like either something is not installed/drivers as it should be. Check the CPU installation, pins and the heatsink. Its a new install, i'd wipe the drive and install fresh once you've done it and check before you install anything.

Soldato
Run Cinebench, you should get about 1550 if its running properly. The 1800X has clock speeds of: 4.1Ghz (single core max), 3.7Ghz (all core max) and 2.2Ghz power saver. I have never seen mine under 2.2Ghz.

Last edited:
Soldato
Screenshots, lots of screenshots ;) The good people here will solve it for you. I have a 2500K and your setup should be a lot faster than mine!

Associate
OP
Thank you everyone who helped.

I feel a bit of noob really.

Seems I did not place the CPU cooler adapter correct. I thought when I attached it it did not seem a perfect fit but I had no paste so I left it thinking it was ok felt secure enough. I happen to find some paste last night and thought well I will double check this. To my shock the cooler was not even touching the CPU. What a noob. To be honest the AMD CPU attachment is about 15 parts to it. Anyway got it seated and connected correct and well that's it. Feel so stupid lol. Here is a benchmark test on factory settings for my PC. http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/4420892

Back
Top Bottom