• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: AMD Screws Gamers: Sponsorships Likely Block DLSS

Are AMD out of order if they are found to be blocking DLSS on Starfield

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Soldato
Embarrassing video, already said there are more DLSS sponsored titles and then continues with his narrative. Never liked HUB on a professional level and I am sure they are super nice in person.

Funny how HUB didn't comment on FSR being not available on Cyberpunk 2077 for over a year. Or the fact that DLSS has no fallback layer to work on Turing cards such as the GTX1650 which is the top card on Steam,or AMD or Intel ones.

Yet FSR,XeSS and TSR work fine on all modern dGPUs and IGPs.

So they are now having a meltdown because they didn't get gushing praise from their own viewers. LOLWUT.

Didn't they do the same when they made negative comments about Nvidia and starting moaning about Nvidia fans attacking them.

Last edited:
Soldato
Shady tactics from amd, they could have atleast lied and give the same response that nvidia did but pr disaster is what amd wants.
Sitting back with popcorn waiting to see if starfield has dlss.
I wont be paying for any game that doesn't have dlss support thats for sure.

Soldato
Shady tactics from amd, they could have atleast lied and give the same response that nvidia did but pr disaster is what amd wants.
Sitting back with popcorn waiting to see if starfield has dlss.
I wont be paying for any game that doesn't have dlss support thats for sure.

:cry:

You won't pay for games that don't have Nvidia's proprietary upscaling graphics toggle.

Such a brave stand to make.

Don
Funny how HUB didn't comment on FSR being not available on Cyberpunk 2077 for over a year. Or the fact that DLSS has no fallback layer to work on Turing cards such as the GTX1650 which is the top card on Steam,or AMD or Intel ones.

So they are now having a meltdown because they didn't get gushing praise from their own viewers. LOLWUT.

Were AMD blocked from assisting with the implementation of FSR by the developer under the instruction of Nvidia? Or was it a technical issue/Developer not playing ball.

Soldato

It cant fallback without serious performance loss without on cards that dont have tensor cores.

As seen here:

Xess has a fallback mode but it hurts performance bad and would likely be the same situation with dlss on non tensor core cards.

Same situation with some games that won't run unless you have a cpu with avx instructions, had that issue on my first gen intel i7 cpu.

Don
:cry:

You won't pay for games that don't have Nvidia's proprietary upscaling graphics toggle.

Such a brave stand to make.

Let this be a warning, the last thread was locked. If you want to discuss this subject fine, start making attacks on people and you will be removed from the thread.

Soldato
Were AMD blocked from assisting with the implementation of FSR by the developer under the instruction of Nvidia ?

YUJPeUn.png

Likely blocked. So basically conjecture that they probably did it - so no smoking gun documents at all. So for clickbait,HUB has made it sound like they got a ton of documents showing this to be the case. Which is what I expected. This is just regurgitating previous claims.

But again coming back to CDPR,considering all the documents they sign with Nvidia are confidential we don't know.

But we do know for over a year,there was no FSR. Do you think that isn't weird considering most of the Nvidia userbase was on Pascal and lower end Turing cards which lacked DLSS support. If we are to use conjecture like this video,it almost sounded like a conscious marketing move to sell more Nvidia RTX cards.

Ultimately as FSR works on Nvidia and Intel cards just as well/just as badly it's not really giving AMD an advantage.

Now if FSR was locked only to AMD,it might be different. Even then give it some time modders will add it in.

It cant fallback without serious performance loss without on cards that dont have tensor cores.

As seen here:

Xess has a fallback mode but it hurts performance bad and would likely be the same situation with dlss on non tensor core cards.

Same situation with some games that won't run unless you have a cpu with avx instructions, had that issue on my first gen intel i7 cpu.

Because they made it that way. Epic has TSR which works reasonably well - all it needs to do is be better than FSR/XeSS as a fallback layer.

Considering how close Epic games are to Nvidia,it's really strange that there is no TSR like fallback layer.

I don’t get what the outcry is about… they’ve both (AMD nvidia) been doing this kind of thing for donkeys years.
Because Nvidia lost out on sponsoring Starfield so now lets see how much media controversy can be created about it.

I remember 20 years ago the crapstorm over ATI getting HL2. There were accusations of ATI sabotaging FX DX9 performance.

Last edited:
Soldato
How long before this devolves and gets locked like the other thread?

GN did a two-part piece about this a few days ago.

Back
Top Bottom