• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: AMD Screws Gamers: Sponsorships Likely Block DLSS

Are AMD out of order if they are found to be blocking DLSS on Starfield

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Caporegime
Except it works fine for me and let’s be honest here this game badly needs frame generation with how demanding it is on both the GPU and CPU.
Thanks to DLSS FG I can enjoy the game at almost steady 120fps (only drops to around 105fps in few places).

Yup I have seen some reports of people crashing with it but apparently there was an update or something else to do with the ui/menu that needs done to resolve it?

I don't think there are any supposed issues with the dlss 2/upscaling part? Well if there is, it's perfect on my end, it just works!

This is where I would love frame generation but at the same time, the optimisation in this game is just downright **** and I'm not "upgrading" for just one game....

Associate
Yup I have seen some reports of people crashing with it but apparently there was an update or something else to do with the ui/menu that needs done to resolve it?

I don't think there are any supposed issues with the dlss 2/upscaling part? Well if there is, it's perfect on my end, it just works!

This is where I would love frame generation but at the same time, the optimisation in this game is just downright **** and I'm not "upgrading" for just one game....
Yeah the game is way too demanding for how it looks and it’s not even true open world game as it’s constantly loading in new areas.
On the plus side there is zero shader compilation and traversal stutter so it’s super smooth if run on powerful enough machine.

Associate

• Brightness and Contrast controls
  • HDR Calibration Menu
  • FOV Slider
  • Nvidia DLSS Support (PC)
  • 32:9 Ultrawide Monitor Support (PC)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

• HDR Calibration Menu
  • FOV Slider

Question is will it take a week or two or a month or two? Apart from the HDR Calibration menu, the others should be easy in less than a week if they wanted to would be my guess. Mods did it.

Caporegime

• HDR Calibration Menu
  • FOV Slider
HDR Calibration is welcome, i'm running it in auto HDR because that's the only way i can calibrate it, in native HDR without that calibration it looks like crap.

Who releases a game without HDR calibration anyway? that's critical.

Last edited:
Associate
Question is will it take a week or two or a month or two? Apart from the HDR Calibration menu, the others should be easy in less than a week if they wanted to would be my guess. Mods did it.
Well, a studio which took QA seriously might take a while to see whether a quickly adding another upscaler causes any problems anywhere.

However, such studios are getting very rare and Bethesda have always believed in letting end users do their QA, aka modders to the rescue!

EDIT: does anyone know when an upscaler does have issues in specific areas, are the fixes texture, models, shaders, other parts of the render pipeline, or a combination of all of those?

Because modders are great at textures, fewer will tackle models, and very very few will tackle shaders.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well, a studio which took QA seriously might take a while to see whether a quickly adding another upscaler causes any problems anywhere.

However, such studios are getting very rare and Bethesda have always believed in letting end users do their QA, aka modders to the rescue!
Well you know their “QA” department only has AMD hardware, although even when favouring one vendor, you can still see how poorly the game runs.

Hopefully they’ll finish the game before the first overpriced DLC.

Soldato

• HDR Calibration Menu
  • FOV Slider

Some good things to come! Guess that means i have to default the game back to where it was before updating then or there might be conflicts especially the DLSS mod.

Associate
Some good things to come! Guess that means i have to default the game back to where it was before updating then or there might be conflicts especially the DLSS mod.
Might a while off. But generally, modded Bethesda games come to the patient, and stable and modded to the very patient after a few years.

Although these days, that will be when Wabbjack modlist take off.

After each official update the Scripting Extension OBSE, SKES, etc. will break as the way they work is by finding entry points into the code and the offsets change each time Bethesdo a new build. And without the Scripting Extension most of the better mods won't work.

Soldato

EDIT: does anyone know when an upscaler does have issues in specific areas, are the fixes texture, models, shaders, other parts of the render pipeline, or a combination of all of those?

Because modders are great at textures, fewer will tackle models, and very very few will tackle shaders.

Its clear that that probably because of Microsoft,they have concentrated on getting the console versions to work reasonably well(within their limitations). The fact the PC version had no HDR and the XBox version had it,would be an indication of that.

Question is will it take a week or two or a month or two?

Depends if they put in properly or do it in such a way it needs new mods to fix it! :cry:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom