• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD ThreadRipper ***

Soldato
OP
Very tempted by threadripper, but ultimately it won't reach it's potential in a PC of mine xD

I think am going to stick with Ryzen Mainstream and wack in the top end Zen 2 chip when it drops. The thought of selling my own rig (Hassle involved) has put me off a new build. So Zen 2 it is.

Anybody else think Intel has done a great job of sabotaging itself lately? Meanwhile AMD launched and launching all these new products at the perfect time imho.

PS4, Xbox One / Xbox One X soon, RX 5XX Series (Sold out, minining / gaming) Zen, and soon VEGA. AMD really are quite amazing considering the size and budget in the face of competition. Kudos to AMD.

Soldato
OP
At the end of the day, this isn't exactly a mainstream platform, it's to be expected there's a premium for board and CPU.

I'll find it interesting to see end prices etc, but don't think I'll be dropping my 1700 for a long time (As long as games progress CPU usage wise overall)

Yup, on a 1700 too, will wait for Zen+ or Zen 2 whatever it's gonna be called and throw in the highest end mainstream Zen chip. Will likely end up better for gaming than threadripper anyway, and tbh 8 cores / 16 threads is already enough for my progs xD

Soldato
OP
giphy.gif

Soldato
OP
I am just using normal AIO by Asetek. For sure it does not cover the full IHS. When we get custom blocks in I will add them as an option and review my bundle options if indeed the OC improves. Like I say logic says like 4ghz is not average with what ever you cool with.

Here is some 128gb testing for the bundle based on ASUS Zenith. If you require 128gb call up.

mother-of-god-gif-11.gif

Soldato
OP
AMD CPU division on fire atm. Smashed it with mainstream chips and thread ripper.

Come on AMD now just launch an Nvidia 2080 Ti killer GPU. Cheaper and faster would be lovely, you can leave out ray tracing xD

Back
Top Bottom