• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD what you doing to fight off Alderlake?

Associate
Xbox Series X buying/selling prices aren't looking so hot now at websites like CEX, £575 for a boxed console, £525 for a 'discounted' Series X.

So, I think AMD and Microsoft are already meeting demand (by increasing the amount produced) with these consoles

They clearly stockpiled fthe consoles for xmas, not convinced they're meeting demand overall though

Soldato
Much more likely if Intel can offer a discount deal if buying an Alder Lake CPU and an Arc Alchemist graphics card together, which I think would be a very good idea.

Im not sure TBH. If Intel offered an Alder lake CPU, motherboard, DDR5 and Acr graphics card, the graphics might be the most compelling point. Alder lake has seen a pretty lukewarm reception and Ryzen has seen a resurgence in sales. Clearly the market has waited to see what Alder lake had to offer and it seems most people have opted for AMD.

A bundle strategy might have worked better if Intel launched Alder lake with Arc graphics at a discount. I’m sure Alder lake adoption rates would have been higher, but now Zen 3D is about to launch that opportunity could have passed.

It might be a good strategy for AMD though. Offer a Zen 3D chip, motherboard and RDNA2 graphics card at a 10% discount.

Soldato
Xbox Series X buying/selling prices aren't looking so hot now at websites like CEX, £575 for a boxed console, £525 for a 'discounted' Series X.

So, I think AMD and Microsoft are already meeting demand (by increasing the amount produced) with these consoles, and can think about diverting some of the production towards RDNA2 cards (in 2022), where they are being far out produced by Nvidia (if you look at Steam's hardware surveys for example).

AMD is far from a perfect equilibrium of GPU dies produced, vs the price charged for each graphics card. At the moment, they aren't producing enough cards, but they are 'making bank' on the ones that are sold:
https://i.investopedia.com/content/video/what_is_equilibrium/equilibrium.png

Ideally, what buyers and AMD would want, is an 'Equilibrium Quantity' of graphics cards produced, meaning 'when there is no shortage or surplus of a product in the market'.
Definition here:
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/e/equilibrium-quantity.asp

There's certainly no surplus right now... The theory is that supplying greater quantities of products can actually help sellers to maintain prices at the desired price. But if the demand falls too low, this no longer applies (because the price may be set above where supply and demand intersect, which is sub optimal).

I think the demand of AMD's cards has fallen, because they've set the price too high...

£600 for a 2 year old console is good deal? Might have to pick up a PS5 and XBox. My pal sent me a link before Christmas to a PS5 bundle deal saying I should buy while it’s available.

Soldato
Well i am certainly happy with my 12700k. Could have got a 5800x but only had a B450 board, so would have really meant new board too. Bonus is, i now have better USB onboard, 4x m2 and near 5900x performance, so can't complain. Now is probably not a good time to buy high end AMD CPU's now anyway with the 3d ones coming soon. If i'd have had a 570 ROG board already i would have just got a 5900x as i spent 700 quid on my board and CPU. But anyway i am happy with the performance of this, and cooling it is no problem with my dual rad custom loop. Enjoy what you got guys

What water block did you use? Haven’t seen a Soc 1700 specific block yet.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom