Discussion in 'CPUs' started by The Old School Gamer, May 23, 2020.
Reviews go live at midnight?
Usually 2pm our time on the day of release for AMD stuff. Unless something leaks you won't know anything before they're available to buy, the embargo lifts when sales go live.
I doubt it'll be anything unexpected in terms of performance.
Imagine if all the rumours were false and the boosts are up by 400 MHz.
400mhz boost confirmed.
In all seriousness, 5% is expected and that's +250mhz max on golden silicon. I'd love to see 4.6ghz @ safe volts all core with SMT off on the 3900XT, I think that's shooting high but attainable. Could be the improved boost behaviour means all core is pointless, its only a few percent depending on application already.
The 3800x is currently cheaper than the 3700x on a well known site
Does make it look like a bargain compared to the XT.
Any way you're able to tell me I can't find it lol moorse code will work
There's a massive forest where it rains a lot.
I got the MSI X570 Unify board on the way so I'm very curious if the 3800XT is worth it.
Haha got you. I did check there but was 276.66 and only %55 positive, or through the said place themselves it's 279. 99.
Me too actually, me too
This is AMD's devils canyon really lol.
I've got a 3700x now, but it only boosts to 4.3GHz on the 2nd Tuesday of the month of its raining and won't do 3600 cl16 on my 8pack DDR4 kit (though it will let me do 3200 at cl14/13).
I use my rig for photo editing and gaming at 4k. I'm highly likely to pick up an RTX 3080 this year anyway. Is it worth upgrading to a 3800xt for gaming, or should I hold off for a Ryzen 4000? My heart is saying upgrade, but my brain is saying I'll be gpu bottlenecked anyway.
Definitely wait. In gaming yes you will be gpu bottlenecked. At 4k the CPU play much less of a role than the GPU. Plus the increase in performance going from 3700x to 4xxx series will be much larger than going to 3800xt.
Not sure if serious... have you even looked at benchmarks? If so I am not sure how you can be asking yourself this from a common sense perspective, especially when Zen3 is around the corner and when you have a fully working and powerful 8 core CPU.
If your CPU is not boosting to its rated speeds then you likely need to sort your cooling out. WHat cooler do you have, just the stock one? If so I highly recommend upgrading to this asap, the Scythese Mugen 5 Rev B, as for the money pretty much nothing touches it and it performs close to a Dark Rock 4 or Noctua DH15 http://www.scythe-eu.com/en/products/cpu-cooler/mugen-5-revb.html
EDIT - Ahh a H100i, sorry.
I'll definitely hold off in that case. I think I just ended up with a dog of a cpu. Temps are fine (H100i).
Are reviews supposed to be out today, not seeing anything yet
I had seen someone say in a post yesterday around 2pm not sure if that's GMT though, I'm hoping soon myself lol
Separate names with a comma.