• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 3 (5000 Series), rumored 17% IPC gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see AM4 CPU prices are still coming down especially the higher end parts, ~£330 5900x and ~£429 for the 5950x! EU only right now but that was the same the other day, then two days later the UK caught up.
woh, so we might see the 5950x drop even further than £500 atm? If so, it would be after easter?

I hate how much the prices are dropping. Trying to sell parts in order to upgrade is going to be near pointless at this rate.

Competition init. You really shouldn’t hate it, the original prices you paid were not normal.

We should be under no illusions that Ryzen 5000 series prices were inflated at launch. I say that as a 5900x owner.

They came in on top of 3000 series rather than replacing them, especially at the lower end because at the time, Intel had nothing.

The £50 price bump of the 5600x over the 3600x wiped out all of the performance gains on the price/performance ratio.

Dunno, perhaps the rebates are done on volume sold, so prices reflect the amount that AMD will payback to the retailer once they are all totaled up.
Well the 5950x is so tempting atm (been hum'ing and arr'ing for a few days now). If there is a further price reduction then that would be enough for me to buy one. £450 would insane deal. Surely we arent looking at 5950x for that kind-of price?

Competition init. You really shouldn’t hate it, the original prices you paid were not normal.

We should be under no illusions that Ryzen 5000 series prices were inflated at launch. I say that as a 5900x owner.

They came in on top of 3000 series rather than replacing them, especially at the lower end because at the time, Intel had nothing.

The £50 price bump of the 5600x over the 3600x wiped out all of the performance gains on the price/performance ratio.
The 3600X was never good value in the first place with the 3600 non X being a £200 part so AMD not releasing an equivalent till recently further compounded the rises.

I wouldn't say Intel had nothing though as the 10400F was a solid alternative and sold for under £150 while the 10700k could be had for around £250 after the zen 3 launch. The hype around zen 3 caused insanity though with some people so desperate they were paying £450-500 for scalped 5600Xs on the bay.

Can't help be tempted to get a new 5900X and sell my one I got on release as high memory speeds are a struggle.

Probably pointless and I guess would cost £100 for the swap.

Hope 5900X3D comes out after zen4 server chips comes out, maby there will be enough leftover for 5950X3D as well

Latest version of ryzen master has an automatic curve optimizer button. Need to have a zen3 CPU and x570 motherboard to use it

https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-master-utility-auto-and-manual-curve-optimizer/

Ooh that sounds interesting. I'd never normally use any software within windows to overclock (afterburner aside) but I think I'll try that.

edit: unfortunately it seems useless according to a thread on reddit. It's doing crazy things like setting -30 on all cores. Which would be very rare to have a cpu stable at those settings.

Last edited:
No B550 support? :(

Yes..... well, i haven't tested it yet but the option is there, i don't see why it would be X570 only.

Anyway, You can set the Boost Override (Top right box) with all core or per core auto options. Very cool, i might save / backup my BIOS settings and have a play with this :)

No excuse now for people not doing their Curve Optimiser on Zen 3, which is the only way you should be overclocking. :p

XFAkfUZ.png

No B550 support? :(
Definitely starts the optimising process on B550. Going to take an hour to see if it finishes the process successfully.

**edit**

Yip runs and applies the settings on B550. Not sure why they’re claiming x570 only.

Last edited:
Yes..... well, i haven't tested it yet but the option is there, i don't see why it would be X570 only.

Anyway, You can set the Boost Override (Top right box) with all core or per core auto options. Very cool, i might save / backup my BIOS settings and have a play with this :)

No excuse now for people not doing their Curve Optimiser on Zen 3, which is the only way you should be overclocking. :p

XFAkfUZ.png

I don't have ryzen master installed but my 5950x is currently on stock settings with OC's memory. I think I'll install it later today and play with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom