• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 3 (5000 Series), rumored 17% IPC gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we should have a royal rumble, AMD fanboys vs Intel trolls. Please submit pictures with your war faces to the thread so we can start running a book on the fight.
Some users will never accept that AMD isn't small and powerless company anymore, it hurt their ego, and they will continue to come back to AMD topic. Once they accept that it would be easier for them, but also for admins because they don't have to clean thread.

Think we should have a royal rumble, AMD fanboys vs Intel trolls. Please submit pictures with your war faces to the thread so we can start running a book on the fight.

It's embarrassing how ruined these threads get on an almost weekly basis, like clockwork those two turn up and have pages and pages of back and forth. Guess it keeps it ticking at the top of the section!

I really don't get the warnings from the mods, I've seen repeated yellow text from them on the same issues yet the same users are still here going at each other.

No, im talking about the zen 3 era. Thet 5700x is 20% faster than the 3 year old 3700x. The 5600 is 20% faster than the 3 years old 3600. That's less than 7% a year. Welcome to the amd stagnation era

You're taking one generation and ignoring some aspects of the performance gain to make a blanket statement about the Zen era.

The 5600X gained up to 50% performance in gaming, that's the umpteenth time i've had to bring that up because you keep forcing the issue.

The Ryzen 1800X, launched in 2017 scored 3,587 in R20, a very respectable score given the best Intel had at the time, the 7700K scored 2,257.

The Ryzen 5950X, launched in 2020, 3 years later, scored 10,448, a 291% increase over AMD's flagship mainstream from just 3 years earlier.

It's embarrassing how ruined these threads get on an almost weekly basis, like clockwork those two turn up and have pages and pages of back and forth. Guess it keeps it ticking at the top of the section!

I really don't get the warnings from the mods, I've seen repeated yellow text from them on the same issues yet the same users are still here going at each other.
The only thing you can do is adapt, do what they do, and once thread becomes mess admins will be forced to clean it and give final warnings to all, and then forum will be much better place. It is clear that some users are alt accounts created just for trolling, they don't care for ban because their main account is safe, so they will create another.

You're taking one generation and ignoring some aspects of the performance gain to make a blanket statement about the Zen era.

The 5600X gained up to 50% performance in gaming, that's the umpteenth time i've had to bring that up because you keep forcing the issue.

The Ryzen 1800X, launched in 2017 scored 3,587 in R20, a very respectable score given the best Intel had at the time, the 7700K scored 2,257.

The Ryzen 5950X, launched in 2020, 3 years later, scored 10,448, a 291% increase over AMD's flagship mainstream from just 3 years earlier.
I already admitted the 5950x and the 5900x are the only decent CPUs in the zen 3 lineup, so yeah. Im talking about everything else thats absolutely atrocious.

Again, I bought a 3700x 3 years ago for 300. AMD offers me a CPU that's 20% faster for the same amount of money 3 years later, so that's a 7% increase per year. Intel at their worst offered 12% performance increase per year.
You don't like the 3700x? Let's check the 3600 at 200 3 years ago, same principal. AMD today has a CPU that's only 20% faster fro the same amount of money. The 5600 is around 70% faster than the original R5 1600. In 5 years, that's roundabout what intel gave us in their stagnated era (14% vs 12% per year).

But Intel stagnated, and amd doesn't. Even though their performance increase on average are pretty much identical. Okay man

Weird though the 5600 is ~£130 now... so pretty much the best value CPU one market right now, especially with the 12400 being almost £200, and a decent board being a lot higher priced. Competition is a great thing for the consumer, regardless of the in-betweens. :)

Weird though the 5600 is ~£130 now... so pretty much the best value CPU one market right now, especially with the 12400 being almost £200, and a decent board being a lot higher priced. Competition is a great thing for the consumer, regardless of the in-betweens. :)
I'd agree, the 5600 at that price is a no brainier for anyone looking to build a gaming system.

I already admitted the 5950x and the 5900x are the only decent CPUs in the zen 3 lineup, so yeah. Im talking about everything else thats absolutely atrocious.

Again, I bought a 3700x 3 years ago for 300. AMD offers me a CPU that's 20% faster for the same amount of money 3 years later, so that's a 7% increase per year. Intel at their worst offered 12% performance increase per year.
You don't like the 3700x? Let's check the 3600 at 200 3 years ago, same principal. AMD today has a CPU that's only 20% faster fro the same amount of money. The 5600 is around 70% faster than the original R5 1600. In 5 years, that's roundabout what intel gave us in their stagnated era (14% vs 12% per year).

But Intel stagnated, and amd doesn't. Even though their performance increase on average are pretty much identical. Okay man
Can you not just stop. Your arguments are nonsensical and your Intel buas obvious for all to see. Your opinion is irrelevant to most and all you are achieving is winding everyone up by constantly starting bickering matches. You and one other user whom every knows are the prime culprits. You just make teh CPU sections unbearavle.

Can you not just stop. Your arguments are nonsensical and your Intel buas obvious for all to see. Your opinion is irrelevant to most and all you are achieving is winding everyone up by constantly starting bickering matches. You and one other user whom every knows are the prime culprits. You just make teh CPU sections unbearavle.
Feel free to ignore me. As long as people are going to keep spreading misinformation im going to keep trying to correct them. So if you want me to stop tell the people that claim intel was stagnant to stop, else ill just keep quoting the numbers which proves otherwise. It's only fair

Ban the lot!

I find it totally hilarious that anyone can (without laughing) say that they don't think, 2600K, 3770K, 4770K, 4790K, 6700K then 7700K isn't stagnation. You really have to have drunk the Kool-Aid and have shares in it to think otherwise. You can't really then take anything they say seriously, but they aren't reprimanded just allowed to continue the pointless bickering.

Feel free to ignore me. As long as people are going to keep spreading misinformation im going to keep trying to correct them. So if you want me to stop tell the people that claim intel was stagnant to stop, else ill just keep quoting the numbers which proves otherwise. It's only fair
I am sorry but the only mis information is coming from you and one other and i think the community as a whole is board of it. It would be fine if you shared your opinion and left it like that but you push and push anyone who does not share your opinion and have zero respect for what others opinion is, its liek it is your opinion or no opinion. Don't get me wrong everuone is entitled to your opinion but you are like that one vegan friend who tried to force there belief ob everyone.

can you pliz stop quoting him, putting him on ignore is heaven, but you keep answering him and this topic will become toxic, ignore is best weapon against child trolls like him, try to ignore him for 1 day and he will leave. Or if you want to hurt him, then post facts that Intel stagnated whole cpu industry, but don't answer him when he replys to your post, that will make him angry and he will eventually get ban or leave.

I find it totally hilarious that anyone can (without laughing) say that they don't think, 2600K, 3770K, 4770K, 4790K, 6700K then 7700K isn't stagnation.
What about Bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller, Excavator (2011–2017), during that same time period it's not like AMD did any better till ryzen came along so the stagnation isn't just on Intel but AMD played their part.

What about Bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller, Excavator (2011–2017), during that same time period it's not like AMD did any better till ryzen came along so the stagnation isn't just on Intel but AMD played their part.

I'd like to see what revenue and market share each of them had in that period , you could look it in another way AMD being the underdog taking on the big giant with less resources

Cyrix didn't make it :(

I find it totally hilarious that anyone can (without laughing) say that they don't think, 2600K, 3770K, 4770K, 4790K, 6700K then 7700K isn't stagnation. You really have to have drunk the Kool-Aid and have shares in it to think otherwise. You can't really then take anything they say seriously, but they aren't reprimanded just allowed to continue the pointless bickering.
I agree. You also really have to drink the Kool-Aid to not think R7 1700 to R5 5600x isn't stagnation. That's less of a performance difference than there is between the CPU's you mentioned.

2600 to 6700k --> 47% performance increase
1700 to 5600x ---> 35% performance increase

Intel stagnated, amd doesn't XD. OK buddy

I am sorry but the only mis information is coming from you and one other and i think the community as a whole is board of it.
No it's not. The 6700k according to ANANDTECH is 47% faster than the 2600k in mt workloads (well in some it's actually 80% but w/e). The 5600x is 35% faster than the R7 1700 according - again, to anandtech and tpup. So if someone is misinforming, it's anandtech/tpup, im just using their results, to conclude that amd is stagnating more than intel ever did at those price points.

Im sorry but 47% > 35%.

I agree. You also really have to drink the Kool-Aid to not think R7 1700 to R5 5600x isn't stagnation. That's less of a performance difference than there is between the CPU's you mentioned.

2600 to 6700k --> 47% performance increase
1700 to 5600x ---> 35% performance increase

Intel stagnated, amd doesn't XD. OK buddy

Why are you not comparing the Ryzen 5 1600X which is the 6 core with the 5600x ?

No it's not. The 6700k according to ANANDTECH is 47% faster than the 2600k in mt workloads (well in some it's actually 80% but w/e). The 5600x is 35% faster than the R7 1700 according - again, to anandtech and tpup. So if someone is misinforming, it's anandtech/tpup, im just using their results, to conclude that amd is stagnating more than intel ever did at those price points.

Im sorry but 47% > 35%.

Can you give link to these results is it average over certain amount of benchmarks or just over a few ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom