• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Maybe it's similar to games releases where because of how complicated todays games are are they need masses of feedback to get everything working right.

Nope AMD **** up again sadly.

Their problem is they need to really push to get themselves back in the game. They do not have the market presence to keep making these mistakes.

Memory / Motherboards / not fully compatible with windows 10 !

Here are some first page Google results: Ryzen gaming
"No, Ryzen chips don't offer the same raw gaming performance as Intel's quad-core chips. That's indisputable"
"Ryzen is an excellent workstation CPU, but gamers should look elsewhere"
"plenty of power, but underwhelming in gaming"

So disappointing especially when it looks like they did all the hard work and finally have a CPU that offers a genuine alternative to Intel in gaming and one that far outstrips the alternative choice (1700 vs i7) when it come to number crunching.

Why they felt the need to rush the release I have no idea :(

See no reason why they won't eventually get these things sorted but really after similar mistakes in their GPU division you would think they would have learned.

Soldato

Their problem is they need to really push to get themselves back in the game. They do not have the market presence to keep making these mistakes.

"No, Ryzen chips don't offer the same raw gaming performance as Intel's quad-core chips. That's indisputable"

So disappointing especially when it looks like they did all the hard work and finally have a CPU that offers a genuine alternative to Intel in gaming and one that far outstrips the alternative choice (1700 vs i7) when it come to number crunching.

See no reason why they won't eventually get these things sorted but really after similar mistakes in their GPU division you would think they would have learned.

Then you have a 7700k user that bought Ryzen saying he now want to sell his 7700k as he does half the time on things he does with adobe premiere, handbrake and gaming with his Ryzen cpu.
not so sure about that Intel stuff anymore.

Soldato

Cashflow and lack of compelling products already in the channel. Gaming makes up a tiny portion of CPU buying decisions. Perf/watt/cost and cores/socket does. In any case, the 8c 16t chips are a major win from AMD and have put them squarely back in the game, assuming sales line up with what they've accomplished

Caporegime
Jump on the undervolting at 3.6 for an hour. Temps are :cool:
AVUDbfT.png

It seems like there's quite a lot of overclocking going on out of the box, I've seen quite a few people running 3.6ghz at 1.1V which sounds about right for 14nm but they're shipping at 1.3V+ for the sake of a few hundred megaherts extra?

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Ahh, just as well I'm not much of a gamer anymore then :)

Upgrade to Ryzen incoming!

Associate
Was 6 when i got mine now says 4. Will be gone by today i bet.
Probably, too bad they've got new model incoming with clock generator:/ (they shoud've had it for this price)

“Our CPU frequency is 25MHz a level, i.e.: when you key in 4000 the frequency is 4000; 4010 or 4020 and enter, frequency will auto adjust to 4025. Key in 4026 will be 4050 and so on. The question on memory to 3600MHz, is because ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero ($255.00) and Gigabyte K7 featured CLKGEN on board, MSI also have upcoming model featured this as well, I’ll keep you posted.” – MSI TW

as per http://www.legitreviews.com/one-motherboard-maker-explains-why-amd-am4-boards-are-missing_192470

Associate
It seems like there's quite a lot of overclocking going on out of the box, I've seen quite a few people running 3.6ghz at 1.1V which sounds about right for 14nm but they're shipping at 1.3V+ for the sake of a few hundred megaherts extra?

Seems that way. I tested gaming from 3.6Ghz to 3.9Ghz and there was no noticeable difference apart from temps, to me anyway.

Back
Top Bottom