• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

An Excellent Video Guide on How to Configure PBO/Curve Optimizer

Associate
What method did you use? I might have another go at it, just don’t fancy spending ages. What is 155a EDC?

Just tested each core in - 5 steps each time and started at 170a EDC, EDC is in with all the other settings but there's an auto setting that needs to be set to manual to reveal the EDC parameters that you need to change. Really simple. I probably have a good chip but I would expect most of them to be capable of doing something with these settings.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Just tested each core in - 5 steps each time and started at 170a EDC, EDC is in with all the other settings but there's an auto setting that needs to be set to manual to reveal the EDC parameters that you need to change. Really simple. I probably have a good chip but I would expect most of them to be capable of doing something with these settings.
Did you follow a guide, if so link? What were the 5 steps? How long did it take total? Thanks :)

Associate
Can be better. This 5900x scores 22,000 with tweaking so I'd look into PBO and CO.

This one is stable at - 30 on all cores with Curve Optimiser and 155a EDC. Boosts to almost 5Ghz in games while staying fairly cool, the extra performance is noticeable.

Watch the video posted in the first post here. I didn't use that particular one but it's not so difficult.

Edit: it IS normal without tweaking.

Thing is, as soon as i flip on PBO, bam 28.5k+ multi score

Associate
But that's an all core load so to be expected IMHO. What are you using the PC for? If just gaming I'd enable PBO and just game on it.

In terms of your cooling, that looks good. Maybe make the top 2 side fans exhausts as you only have one fan exhausting warm air out of the case.
yeah don't forget the top aio is exhausting as well so it's kinda neutral airflow

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Associate
Thanks man. Will watch that and also the video in the OP and have a little mess about when I fancy. Can make a profile in BIOS and if any issues can just go back to what I have now which is essentially PBO off which runs nice and cool and boosts up to 4.9Ghz in games.

If you have 4.9Ghz boost in games that'd do me personally. This one goes to 4.7/4.8 and very occasionally but briefly 4.9 when gaming, but lowering the EDC means that an all core load goes to around 4.6 and stays very cool on this one. I don't mind that, it's not a super realistic use scenario for most people if you're just gaming. And if your BIOS allows you to save profiles then sure, you could do that.

Back
Top Bottom