An Idiot Abroad 2

Man of Honour
I like the places and I liked Karl.
But the series showed how much of a ***** gervais is, 80% of the stuff he took the pee out of Karl for made Gervais the Idiot not Karl.

Like yeah after a day riding a camel I'm nit surprised Karl didn't want to do it again, probably watch it, but which Gervais wasn't in it.

Man of Honour
That doesn't stop him being an idiot and/or crap comedian.
And not basing it just on this show, but it does show what he's like, albeit a character.

I mean is it really comedian comedy taking the pee out of someone, when anyone would find another day of x, not enjoyable.

He just tries far to hard, why does absolutely everything Karl does needs to be funny? Because it simply isn't and Gervais making a dig out of all the non funny stuff, spoils the show.

Last edited:
Soldato
I can't wait. The world needs more Karl Pilkington. He has such an odd way of thinking.

I've been listening to all the old XFM stuff from 2002/3, and he was just the same back then.

Man of Honour
That doesn't stop him being an idiot and/or crap comedian.
And not basing it just on this show, but it does show what he's like, albeit a character.

I mean is it really comedian comedy taking the pee out of someone, when anyone would find another day of x, not enjoyable.

He just tries far to hard, why does absolutely everything Karl does needs to be funny? Because it simply isn't and Gervais making a dig out of all the non funny stuff, spoils the show.

Because the character of Karl has been like this from the very beginning.
Ok the first few shows on XFM weren't that brilliant but Merchant and Gervais soon started to see the potential and the increased ratings.
Pilkington has always been about Merchant & Gervais taking the pee out of him, it's what I want to hear and I don't want them to change the format.

Man of Honour
That's not a problem, the problem is taking the pee out of stupid stuff which isn't funny or even worth taking the pee out of. There is plenty to take the pee out of. Merchant is far better than Gervais, although you can't tel Gervais is the boss and merchant goes along with his stupidity, which is a shame. Stick to funny stuff, there's enough of it.

Soldato
Looking forward to this. We loved the first one and love the ricky gervais show.

I don't find Ricky Gervais funny as a comedian, but him and Merchant taking the **** out of Karl just has me in stitches, although most of the comedy is directly from Karl. Merchant is far funnier than Gervais too.

I've visited a lot of the places Karl goes to as i love cultural out of the way holidays and that makes it even funnier for me

Back
Top Bottom