Andrioid remote tracking app

Soldato
Hey guys

What's the best tracking app on Android? I mean something that enables me to take control of my phone remotely if it's stolen and wipe the contents and/or put a message on the screen. Im running ICS by the way.

muchas gracias :)

Soldato
One time payment also, not monthly.

Not sure what else on the market competes with it but this is the one I know of that always seems to get great write-ups.

Soldato
OP
Quick update.. this app is superb! Exactly what I wanted. Hope I never need to use it, but should I ever loose my phone then i'll have great craic getting it back again :)

Soldato
If you're rooted, get the flashable zip file to integrate it into the ROM from their website (under download section). If someone does a factory reset on your device, Cerberus remains installed :)

Soldato
If you're rooted, get the flashable zip file to integrate it into the ROM from their website (under download section). If someone does a factory reset on your device, Cerberus remains installed :)

Alternatively, if you've already got it installed, convert it to a system app with titanium backup :)

Soldato
there are a few cons with programs like this.

1 it murders your battery
2 your phone will just be flashed and ready to use again.

the chances of getting it back are slim. but a app like this is all you can do to try and get it back.

Soldato
there are a few cons with programs like this.

1 it murders your battery
2 your phone will just be flashed and ready to use again.

the chances of getting it back are slim. but a app like this is all you can do to try and get it back.

1. Wrong. Cerberus has never drained my battery. Unless of course you sit there tracking it for hours through the web panel :p
2. It's highly unlikely that the thief will know how to flash a new custom rom. Most they'd probably try is a factory reset, which wouldn't touch Cerberus if you've installed it as a system app.

Caporegime
1. Wrong. Cerberus has never drained my battery. Unless of course you sit there tracking it for hours through the web panel :p
2. It's highly unlikely that the thief will know how to flash a new custom rom. Most they'd probably try is a factory reset, which wouldn't touch Cerberus if you've installed it as a system app.

This.

Cerberus doesn't even show up on better battery stats unless I use the tracking stuff etc.

Back
Top Bottom