Android Pie (9.0) Thread

Soldato
Thanks for the screen shot, it's defiantly not there in that case? If I go to the app store its showing as "installed"

I've rebooted, maybe I'll message Google and ask what they think the issues is, thanks chaps!

Soldato
Couldn't find an answer in this thread - but it seems that Pie no longer gives me quick access to my Alarms - I have to use the assistant to get them now :( Anyone know if there is an Alarm toggle hiding somewhere, as I saw it was in the beta?

Associate
I could be wrong, but I think the phone needs to be set to English (US) for it to work.
I don't think so as my phone is set to English (United Kingdom)
Couldn't find an answer in this thread - but it seems that Pie no longer gives me quick access to my Alarms - I have to use the assistant to get them now :( Anyone know if there is an Alarm toggle hiding somewhere, as I saw it was in the beta?
As far as I can see, I can add a "clock" toggle to the quick settings to access alarms
[edit] actually, I think that's from SystemUI Tuner
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zacharee1.systemuituner&hl=en_GB

Soldato

If you tap the time in the notification shade then it'll take you to your alarm/clock app. I know it isn't the same as the quick icon but still easier than searching for the app icon.

Permabanned
Mine didn't show up at first, But after a while it showed up in settings.

Try searching for wellbeing at the top of settings.

Yes, when I downloaded the Digital Wellbeing App from the Play Store it shows up under Settings as the 11th item, between Accessibility and Google (services). When you open there is a large circle which shows your phone usage based on what apps you are using most, shows how many unlocks and how many notifications and ways to disconnect and ways to reduce interruptions.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Yep just installed that myself.

Interesting BT and battery fixes.

• Improves battery charge in Retail Mode Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL
  • Improves SW Version reporting Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL
  • Improves Bluetooth audio quality over car speakers Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL

Associate
After updating my battery has gone back to crap again too. 18% left right now, 30 mins SOT and unplugged at 8:10am. Normally on about 70% at this time.

Soldato
Not a fan of the sideways scrolling app switcher. And the rounded notifications don't look right either. Still, pretty minor stuff compared to the ongoing Windows 10 debacle on PC. :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom