Angry brown..

Soldato
The day thatcher dies I shall do a jig.

Brown has done the impossible, he's made Major look competent (well not just brown but his whole government that he picks anyway).

The general election should have been called months ago. The sooner we get the tories back into power the sooner everyone will hate them again and they will lose an election (unfortunately it seems that is 2 or 3 wins down the line but hey, the sooner they're in, inevitable, the sooner they're out ;))

Soldato
The day thatcher dies I shall do a jig.

Brown has done the impossible, he's made Major look competent (well not just brown but his whole government that he picks anyway).

The general election should have been called months ago. The sooner we get the tories back into power the sooner everyone will hate them again and they will lose an election (unfortunately it seems that is 2 or 3 wins down the line but hey, the sooner they're in, inevitable, the sooner they're out ;))

I've always found people who relish Baroness Thatcher's death disgusting.

Soldato
I dunno, seems there s a 50/50 split on opinions of her, whereas everyone seems to think Brown is pretty useless.

I beg to differ, I've never met a person who liked thatcher. She completely ****ed this country, really put the con in conservative.
Wheras I've met quite a few people who don't mind brown, myself included, he's not doing a completely awful job, it's a difficult job after all.

Last edited:
Soldato
I beg to differ, I've never met a person who liked thatcher. She completely ****ed this country.
Wheras I've met quite a few people who don't mind brown, myself included, he's not doing a completely awful job, it's a difficult job after all.

You can meet plenty here. I find the people that don't like Thatcher like to blame her for things that were not her fault, or because they were free loading unionists.

Soldato
I beg to differ, I've never met a person who liked thatcher. She completely ****ed this country.
It's a difficult job so he's allowed to make boo-boos? He should never had got the job as the first places, given the errors in judgement he made as Chancellor. He IS doing a completely bad job, as is almost all of his team. Darling, Harmen, Smith, Ainsworth. They're all clueless.

She did not screw the country, she did wonders for it. She broke the back of the unions (since reneged by Labour) and fought the EC (again reneged by Labour).

But that isn't what this thread is about. You will not change my opinion, I will not change yours (I'm guessing you're a unionist/Northerner/chip on your shoulder/impressionable). So meh.

Man of Honour
I beg to differ, I've never met a person who liked thatcher. She completely ****ed this country, really put the con in conservative.

Unions shackled and unable to lead people on strike due to the cake supplier being changed.

Absolute mess of an economy inherited from Labour in 1979 changed from the sick man of Europe into an economic powerhouse.

Swift and decisive response to the Falklands invasion with an agenda firmly in the British interest.

Absolute legendary confrontations with Neil Kinnock in the Commons.

While not perfect and some terrible decisions made, not everything Conservative and Thatcher was bad.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm sort of undecided on Thatcher although I would support shooting her and cutting her up into pig feed.

Anything that's cheaper than the State funeral that she's going to get is fine by me.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm sort of undecided on Thatcher although I would support shooting her and cutting her up in pig feed.

Anything that's cheaper than the State funeral that she's going to get is fine by me.

Personally I'd rather the protestors that will appear when her state funeral is done are shot and fed to pigs.

Think of the benefits!

Less drain on the welfare state.
They're the same idiots that protest at economic conferences, and against GM foods, etc
Who's going to miss them?

Soldato
Personally I'd rather the protestors that will appear when her state funeral is done are shot and fed to pigs.

Think of the benefits!

Less drain on the welfare state.
They're the same idiots that protest at economic conferences, and against GM foods, etc
Who's going to miss them?

You generalise too much. I don't know anyone currently on benefits and haven't exactly heard glowing views on Thatcher. I live in the South as well as a minor point (not sure what difference that makes) in a predominantly Tory voting area where the Labour representation is practically non-existent.

Soldato
You generalise too much. I don't know anyone currently on benefits and haven't exactly heard glowing views on Thatcher. I live in the South as well as a minor point (not sure what difference that makes) in a predominantly Tory voting area where the Labour representation is practically non-existent.

Sorry, I thought I was being so ridiculous it would be obvious I wasn't being serious. I don't want anyone shot. Although I have no objection to dead humans being fed to pigs, as long as there's no medical use.

Soldato
Sorry, I thought I was being so ridiculous it would be obvious I wasn't being serious. I don't want anyone shot. Although I have no objection to dead humans being fed to pigs, as long as there's no medical use.

Ah, hard to tell, I've seen similar stuff that was genuine (including what I just posted). Apologies.

Soldato
I'm guessing you're a unionist/Northerner/chip on your shoulder/impressionable). So meh.

What does meh mean?
What has being a northerner got to do with anything ?

Aaaah right your the one with the issue's over rich girlfriends who sleep around, earning 39k at 2 and owning a mercedes at 3 therefore you believe your paying for all us dolies up north to have kids and live on the state,.............. get it now.

Last edited:
Soldato
not sure what difference that makes
You'd be surprised. Mainly due to the mines.

Anyway, I will be sickened when protesters are out at her well deserved state funeral. Hopefully they'll have the decency to stay at home. Although I suspect the majority of them don't even know why they hate her.

What does meh mean?
What has being a northerner got to do with anything ?
Meh = dismiss the argument.

See above point. Northerners felt they.... lost more... with Maggie.

Soldato
You'd be surprised. Mainly due to the mines.

Anyway, I will be sickened when protesters are out at her well deserved state funeral. Hopefully they'll have the decency to stay at home. Although I suspect the majority of them don't even know why they hate her.

Meh = dismiss the argument.

See above point. Northerners felt they.... lost more... with Maggie.

So if you live up north Thatcher screwed you and if you live south of watford gap then Thatcher was awesome. Is this all because of mining, I mean I dont know if someone like yourself would ever come "up north" as it is beneath you or whether you would ever know what any of us do here, but I will let you into a secret, its not full of mines, we actually have other industries, lots of them just like in the south, we dont all beg borrow and steal of the state, some of us actually earn our own pennies, obviously no where near as much as you superior people in the south, but enough for a turkey at christmas and a big one at that.
Thatcher screwed a lot of things up, she actually caused a lot of intelligent people to leave the country as they didn't really want to be living under her rule.

Back
Top Bottom