Angry brown..

Soldato
So if you live up north Thatcher screwed you and if you live south of watford gap then Thatcher was awesome. Is this all because of mining, I mean I dont know if someone like yourself would ever come "up north" as it is beneath you or whether you would ever know what any of us do here, but I will let you into a secret, its not full of mines, we actually have other industries, lots of them just like in the south, we dont all beg borrow and steal of the state, some of us actually earn our own pennies, obviously no where near as much as you superior people in the south, but enough for a turkey at christmas and a big one at that.
Thatcher screwed a lot of things up, she actually caused a lot of intelligent people to leave the country as they didn't really want to be living under her rule.
I live in Manchester, formerly Bolton. Born in London.

And I wasn't commenting on superiority or what not. A lot of the **** thrown around about Maggie was due to the way she handled the unions, particularly the miners. The majority of minors and unionists were Northern... so please follow my logic.

The distinction between North and South is less defined these days..... erm... oh yes, that's right. Due to Maggie breaking the backs.

Associate
I'm going to enjoy the run up to the next election. He definately ranks up there with the most unpopular Prime Ministers this Country has ever seen. I definately think that the knives are now out for him within the Media - he apparently has a filthy temper and I'm sure we're going to see a lot more of this type of behaviour from him

Soldato
I really don't see the problem with Brown.

He's always been in favour of wealth distribution, and expanded big government. Before they came into power the rebirth of New Labour included some quite dramatic changes towards free market capitalism.

So we elected someone who had only recently converted to laissez faire, who was in favour of wealth redistribution, and a huge state.... and what did we get? Exactly that.

Why hate him for doing what it said on the tin?

Soldato
Once the next conservative government has fixed everything and made life miserable in the process, can we leave them in for a bit? They've done nothing but recover from a disastrous Labour Government since the last World War.

Soldato
I really don't see the problem with Brown.

He's always been in favour of wealth distribution, and expanded big government. Before they came into power the rebirth of New Labour included some quite dramatic changes towards free market capitalism.

So we elected someone who had only recently converted to laissez faire, who was in favour of wealth redistribution, and a huge state.... and what did we get? Exactly that.

Why hate him for doing what it said on the tin?
Oh, I'm sorry.. we voted for GB? I was under the impression we voted for Labour under TB. The two are not the same.

Any how, the guy is, quite possibly, retarded. He over-complicates things, loves introducing taxes (airport tax - wtf), he's deceitful, evasive (more so than other politicians), failed to give us a referendum on Lisbon, his attitude to pensions suck, he's contributed to devolution (treason tbh) and is indecisive.

Also, he's so damned uncharismatic and unlikeable. Anyone that says that isn't important, look at Obama.

Once the next conservative government has fixed everything and made life miserable in the process, can we leave them in for a bit? They've done nothing but recover from a disastrous Labour Government since the last World War.
The voting public are stupid.

Soldato
Oh, I'm sorry.. we voted for GB? I was under the impression we voted for Labour under TB. The two are not the same.

Ive never been one for the whole voting mess, yet im still pretty sure you vote for the party. Has nothing to do with the person in charge at the time unless he's your MP?

Soldato
Ive never been one for the whole voting mess, yet im still pretty sure you vote for the party. Has nothing to do with the person in charge at the time unless he's your MP?
This is something I keep having to explain, but this is my belief.

We voted for Labour, rightly or wrongly :)D), with Tony Blair as leader, and his policies.

When he stepped down, Gordon Brown took over AND CHANGED POLICIES. When these were so unpopular, he pleaded with the populace to give time to "let his policies work".

We did not vote for these policies, so what the ****?

Soldato

Any how, the guy is, quite possibly, retarded. He over-complicates things, loves introducing taxes (airport tax - wtf), he's deceitful, evasive (more so than other politicians), failed to give us a referendum on Lisbon, his attitude to pensions suck, he's contributed to devolution (treason tbh) and is indecisive.

Also, he's so damned uncharismatic and unlikeable. Anyone that says that isn't important, look at Obama.

The voting public are stupid.

Don't be pedantic. We voted for New Labour, and New Labour is what we got. The Prime Minister is selected by the elected Members of Parliament, which simply means the biggest party chooses their leader as Prime Minister. We've never been able to elect the Prime Minister, but we knew when voting New Labour we would get Tony Blair, and we knew who his successor was likely to be.

P.s. When I say we voted New Labour I mean we as in the population. I personally didn't vote for them.

Soldato
Don't be pedantic. We voted for New Labour, and New Labour is what we got. The Prime Minister is selected by the elected Members of Parliament, which simply means the biggest party chooses their leader as Prime Minister. We've never been able to elect the Prime Minister, but we knew when voting New Labour we would get Tony Blair, and we knew who his successor was likely to be.
It isn't pedantry, it really, really bothers me. I have no problem with voting for the party and getting whomever they chose. I do have a problem when policies change so abruptly. That's what general elections are for.

Soldato
It isn't pedantry, it really, really bothers me. I have no problem with voting for the party and getting whomever they chose. I do have a problem when policies change so abruptly.

That's the symptoms of a bad party. When you vote for a Labour MP you vote for a clone of New Labour, no matter which direction the hydra turns you'll get policies branded as New Labour policies, and the majority of their clone MPs cheering them on as the country sinks deeper into unproductive doldrums.

Soldato
That's the symptoms of a bad party. When you vote for a Labour MP you vote for a clone of New Labour, no matter which direction the hydra turns you'll get policies branded as New Labour policies, and the majority of their clone MPs cheering them on as the country sinks deeper into unproductive doldrums.
Indeed. I'm just pleased I didn't vote for them.

Soldato
20091002-r3wds18x79eibf8hhbk4jcgx8s.jpg

Back
Top Bottom