Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Soldato
I need to find Iron nuggets to donate (30) but they dont seem to spawn much from hitting rocks.
Dig 2 or 3 holes behind you (I always dig 3) and keep hitting the rock until it is exhausted. You'll get a lot more that way. You should have 6 rocks on your island (you might not be able to access them all yet) but yeah use a ticket to find more if you need to. This is the worst grind early on.

EWgSMmOUwAEv_j1

Last edited:
Caporegime
If you dig 2, one above and one to the side of you then wack the rock at a diagonal direction on a corner you only ever need 2 holes :)

Side note - I spent 2-3 hours yesterday working on Infrastructure, doing building and editing the island. Barely felt like I've scratched the surface :o

Associate
Word of warning for you all, I accidentally destroyed one of my rocks early on :( I haven't seen a away to get them back yet but if there's not then what happens if you destroyed them all and needed new tools?

I'm doing fine for iron now I'm well into the game but it was painful on the first day or two.

Caporegime
Word of warning for you all, I accidentally destroyed one of my rocks early on :( I haven't seen a away to get them back yet but if there's not then what happens if you destroyed them all and needed new tools?

I'm doing fine for iron now I'm well into the game but it was painful on the first day or two.

They just respawn the following day somewhere else.

Soldato
I seem to have lost all interest in it now. Not visited my island for ages.
It seems too much like one of those idle games on mobile. I was hoping for more.

Caporegime
Ah good to know thanks! I might intentionally move some then. I must admit I didn't count them just assumed I was down one ha. Must have moved to the raised area so I didn't notice it was new.
Yeah I did this, intentionally destroyed 2 rocks to have them spawn elsewhere to make room for development!

Caporegime
I seem to have lost all interest in it now. Not visited my island for ages.
It seems too much like one of those idle games on mobile. I was hoping for more.

It doesn't really have much content after you've got a few rooms in your house and few islanders. There's only so much grind before it gets boring.

Caporegime
TBH I disagree with the above - in terms of content the sheer amount of items to obtain and customize is seemingly endless - The real satisfaction in this game comes from the terraforming and putting all the above together and coming up with your island as you see it.

But it definitely isn't for everyone. There is plenty there for those it suits, however :)

Soldato
Today is my birthday!!!

Got taken to one of my islanders houses and got a cake, candles and songs sang to me

Given the real thatlife plans have been cancelled this genuinely made my day this morning as I went on it.

Also got 8 cupcakes to give to my islanders, only got one left and in going to enjoy it myself after I've had my birthday takeaway.

Loving the game and got my partner and as of yesterday eldest daughter playing it with me it's great!

Time for some island skipping later in the hope I can finally get to a fruit island.

Associate
What time does KK arrive on your island? Island is finally at 3 stars and he's coming tomorrow but as this will be the time where I/we (been playing it with my daughter during lockdown which has been an amazing experience btw) "complete" the game, I'm pretty sure my daughter will want to see it as well.

Back
Top Bottom