ANNO 1800

Associate
Well, Seems like anno have taken a step back in time to the Victorian ages for the next game. Im very pleased about this as It was getting a bit futuristic for my liking!

Anybody else excited for this instalment?

Associate
I was giving 2205 a bash last night, and in all honesty while I prefer the older ones it's not too bad. It does bug me I need to faff about switching area each time I want to change the smallest thing though.

Associate
OP
I was giving 2205 a bash last night, and in all honesty while I prefer the older ones it's not too bad. It does bug me I need to faff about switching area each time I want to change the smallest thing though.
This got to me a lot too! If you could just clock between without the loading screens it would be much better

Soldato
Not that excited. After the excellent 2070 I wanted a more futuristic Anno and 2205 was okay, not brilliant. The pre-order beta test was a fiasco and the combat model was just dull.

Seeing as they only release titles that add up to 9 I kinda knew they would be stepping back in time. A super futuristic title of for example 3600 would have been difficult to conceive!

Soldato
Seeing as they only release titles that add up to 9 I kinda knew they would be stepping back in time. A super futuristic title of for example 3600 would have been difficult to conceive!

Completely agree with you. I couldn't see them doing something like 1305 or something, so it was going to be 1800 or something silly like 9AD lol.

Associate
Been a while since I played but from memory it was easy and fun to get into, but had the depth of colonising other islands for its raw materials, then setting up trade routes between the islands. There was a website that showed pictures of the most efficient layouts for making beer, bread etc. Going to reinstall now :D

Associate
Anno on the whole isn't a difficult game. You place houses, houses attract people, people have needs. Supply their needs, then the people change class and require more things. Not all islands can produce what you need, so supply lines are required. Different things require different amounts of resources to make

e.g. Anno 2070 had energy drinks i think they were called. They required a coffee farm, and a sugar farm, and a building to produce the actual drink.

Building will show you want they require, I believe from 2070 the game actually even had the production chain appear when you went to build one thing, so you could see all the building required and build them all from that menu. You will also get missions from NPCs, supply 10 tons of iron, or collect these, or find this person in your settlement, or deliver some cargo without being detected. There are also 'pirates' which will harass you if you don't pay them off or destroy them.

Associate
OP
Thank you! I used to love this type of game but I don't have time for one that requires a PhD. :)
Its really all about repetition. Its difficult for the first few hours but it sinks in and you really get into the swing of things. I always found the issue was being off the game for a week or so then remembering where the hell I was when I come back! Mainly anno 2070 had this issue for me.

Associate
OP
Been a while since I played but from memory it was easy and fun to get into, but had the depth of colonising other islands for its raw materials, then setting up trade routes between the islands. There was a website that showed pictures of the most efficient layouts for making beer, bread etc. Going to reinstall now :D
I used to love watching the MR DANISH videos on youtube for layout tips for 1404! Guy was a legend!

Back
Top Bottom