ANNO 1800

Soldato
Seeing as they only release titles that add up to 9 I kinda knew they would be stepping back in time. A super futuristic title of for example 3600 would have been difficult to conceive!

There's a few numbers they could have gone with for further futuristic Anno games; 2520 and 2700 being two possibles. They may do something futuristic again after 1800, as that will be the fifth game set in the past and two that have been set in the future.

I wonder, if there were ever to be a 9000, what that would be like. :p

Associate
OP
There's a few numbers they could have gone with for further futuristic Anno games; 2520 and 2700 being two possibles. They may do something futuristic again after 1800, as that will be the fifth game set in the past and two that have been set in the future.

I wonder, if there were ever to be a 9000, what that would be like. :p
I would like them to do anno 0009. A great past date to do!

Associate
I noticed the collectors edition doesn't include the season pass like 2205, I wonder if that had anything to do with the backlash over what the term 'season pass' meant. I bought both the 2070 and 2205 collectors editions, and while it looks like an improvement over the 2205 collectors edition, which itself was a disappointment compared to the 2070 collectors edition, it's too expensive for me to want to buy it.

Edit: I can't tell how big that art book is, I really liked the 2070 one, 2205 one was the size of a DVD case and nowhere near as good IMO.

Associate
Closed beta for Anno 1800 starts on 31st January - you can sign up here (hope I've done that right).

I've received an invite and have 3 invites which I can pass on to Uplay friends - if you want one I'll need to add you as a friend on Uplay so you'll have to tell me your ID on there...

Soldato
Closed beta for Anno 1800 starts on 31st January - you can sign up here (hope I've done that right).

I've received an invite and have 3 invites which I can pass on to Uplay friends - if you want one I'll need to add you as a friend on Uplay so you'll have to tell me your ID on there...

I’d love an invite if you’ve still got one available. I can get you my uPlay ID in about an hour or so if that’s alright?

Associate
I'd actually forgotten about this. Probably because I really don't want to get my hopes up. Give us lots of feedback about the beta please :p

Associate
Still got a spare invite if you’d like it ;)
Cheers fella, so tempted tbh, but can't afford the game atm tbh and if it's good I'm definitely gonna want it. So I'll decline. I got the last 2070/2205 collectors editions for £20/~44 respectively (love my 2070 CE). If I change my mind and you've still got an invite i'll give ya a shout. Enjoy!

Soldato
Never played anno before, is it basically sim city or is there more to it?

A city game but not quiet as grand in scope as say cities skyline. Rather then economic and supply chain side is a larger focus. Can have supply chains 4-5 levels deep and in often need supply chains spanning islands.

As your city grows you get bigger level populations who need diffrent items producd from larger supply chains which in turn unlocks more buildings and so on.

Soldato
Anno 1800 seems going to be the very first of the series, I won't buy the day it comes out. :/
Reason is March both Division 2 & Tropico 6 are out. While I am currently beta testing something very exciting, which would cover the period from May and for the decade to come.... given how long this specific games genres are lasting with gazillion DLCs and expansion.... :p

Ok back to it....... <for Spartaaaaa>

Back
Top Bottom