Anonymous burner phone - not sus

Untitled.png

:eek:

• Wow
Reactions: mrk
these are not google services I'm interested in using, they are sites that require a gmail (or sometimes FB) account to login. It's something more and more sites are doing for the sake of 'convenience' I guess.

I feel like I've been clear in the reasoning...
site needs google account to log in
google account needs phone number
payg needs a direct debit
"anonymity is dead!"
shakes fist at cloud

that's all this thread is. I'd hoped some helpful bod would have said 'oh, no, you just need to... xyz"

Don't worry your employers, major financial institutions and their partners have problem leaked all your details anyway from cyber hacks. Confirming your identity is being coming more important to combat fraud and theft, plus a lot of organisations have a regulatory or legal requirement to demonstrate they have performed Know Your Customer due-diligence, failure to achieve KYC usually results in a mandatory requirement to off board you anyway.

Problem with burners is - you're assuming the SIM/phone is not compromised or duplicated. Thus if you're securing anything with it then hackers can simply use the duplicated SIM/phone to spoof being you.

that's all this thread is. I'd hoped some helpful bod would have said 'oh, no, you just need to... xyz"

Get an EE PAYG sim from the supermarket/newsagents.
They aren't labeled payg, just the type of monthly pack such as "8GB plus 500 Minutes and Unlimited texts".
The monthly pack doesn't matter as you can cancel it before you put a voucher in to credit your number.
The phone number and Puk will be on the back so you can see if there's a number you like.

Buy an EE sim and £10 EE voucher from supermarket/newsagent.
You will need to go to the counter in the supermarket for the credit voucher

Put sim in phone.

Get a welcome to EE message.

Text STOP PACK

EE will ask you to text YES to confirm.

EE didn't give me second confirmation text after YES.
So text STOP PACK again and it will say they couldn't complete your request as you don't have a pack.
I did this to make sure the pack was stopped.
Now use your credit voucher by texting VO and the 16 digit pin. i.e. VO 1234567812345678

Text Ba to check your balance.

Job done.

You have to make at least 1 chargable action, call/text or add more credit every 180 days to keep the number active.
I usually make a text every 3-4 months.

Texts cost 20p

Hope it helps. :D

Last edited:
I'm pretty diligent about doing all I can not to be tracked by the likes of google. I've heard of 'burner phones' and I guess that's what I'm after really but how to get a line without giving up details?
by a second hand sim on ebay or somewhere? and top up with vouchers from a newsagent

Last edited:
Hey, it seems more and more sites are using 'log in with google' and I don't mess with google, I don't agree with what they do.

But I would like to use some of these sites so it leaves me in a quandary. To create a gmail you need a phone number and they don't accept any of those temporarySMS type numbers. I've got a PAYG sim and a phone but it seems "£10 7gb" on the label means nothing, you need to set up a direct debit or something, this tying the number to a person.

I'm pretty diligent about doing all I can not to be tracked by the likes of google. I've heard of 'burner phones' and I guess that's what I'm after really but how to get a line without giving up details?

If this thread isn't deleted, lol, I look forward to your feedback ;)

Have you tried using someone else's phone?

Back
Top Bottom