• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Another 1060 gb v RX 480 8gb problem

Associate
OP
Ah, I see. So it's more of a 'getting it in' rather than a 'it won't fit at all' scenario. Been there. So yeah, I'd rather take the mobo out and fit it in that way as opposed to bending my case.

could have pit the rad at the top?
Those aren't pics of my case bud. Just a few I found on PartPicker, front rads aren't the problem, it's where the latch is (height issues, not length) ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
The devil is quite thin but is quite long..

IMG_20170208_192441_zps7tmisbfq.jpg

Soldato
For information, I measured the 8gb devil, tape measure butted to the case bracket , it's 29.5cm long.

Call it 30cm to be safe.

IMG_20170223_235049_zpsuda0cuzv.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
For information, I measured the 8gb devil, tape measure butted to the case bracket , it's 29.5cm long.
Call it 30cm to be safe.

Thanks for posting this. Think its safe to say this card will fit no problem in my Air 240.

How would you rate its performance? Quiet even in OC mode?

Soldato
Very quiet. It does run hot though, mine hits 80c when gaming, but according to powercolour that's normal.
Performance is very good at 1080p, it copes with ease everything I've thrown at it.

The only time I've noticed frame rates drop is on witcher 3 with everything turned to max and Hairworks on full, turning down Hairworks its smooth as you like.

Associate
OP
Well, my new card arrived. Fair enough, it's a *B* Grade item (£209.99) but I was sooooo looking forward to opening the original box, instead I was greeted with this......(obviously not OcUK's fault)

pic upload

Associate
OP
Well, managed to get the card installed, all I had to do was loosen the mobo and slide it back about 10mm to get the card to dip under the back of case (see pic). Was worried the the card was dead after seeing the state of the box it was delivered in and the damage to the backplate (pics above), but it works & so far, I'm well impressed with performance compared to my 7950.

upload your pic

Back
Top Bottom