Another Dell 2407WFP vs BenQ241WZ thread :o)

Associate
Hen_Dawg said:
Thanks Mr. Clark
Did you order yesterday? If so that's very quick

Glad it's the A04, as expected
Yes, I did order yesterday. I have no idea where it shipped from, although the bloke that phoned up to confirm delivery time was Irish.

I've set it up and had a play in my lunch break.

OMG! It's massive! It could eat my ol' faithful 17" Iiyama whole... :eek:

Tonight... gaming! :cool:

I have no idea how they shipped mine so fast... maybe I got in before the rush? :confused:

Associate
Got a call confirming 11/04 delivery date, but I have to change it to 13/04 as I won't be at home to sign for it on the 11th :(

@ Mr.Clarke, it's good to hear you've got the A04 version as someone from another forum said they spoke to Dell and adv him they are trying to get rid of the old A03s that are in stock, hence the massive discount.

Permabanned
Ordered yesterday at 5.30pm, phone call at 12pm today, being delivered by 12pm tomorrow....great service and hopefully it's a A04 revision.

£390 (quidco) is a bargain. :)

Associate
Been tracking mine and at 17.00 it left Coventry.

So 24hrs takes it from Limerick to Coventry - it will be night trunked to
Glasgow or Edinburgh.

So why should it take till next Wed to reach me :confused:

Can't see them having a backlog of parcels waiting to be deliveried so is the
11/04/ a guess.

Anyone else checked the tracking on them ?

Permabanned
Angus02,

My tracking also states it's in Coventry at the mo and expected delivery by the 11th, even though Dell phoned me and told me it will be delivered tomorrow.
I guess you should give them a bell.

Associate
Already got the call from them to say it will be the 11/04

But if the parcel goes into the business post network you would think they
would just deliver ASAP.

Also says the carrier will book in not Dell :confused:

Just have to wait and see I suppose.

Soldato
mine said the 11th - but phoned the courier - and they could have delivered today - but wasn't in - so delivering tomorrow.

if you actually speak to Welsh Western - instead of using their automated system .. you can select am or pm .. rather than all day ..

am is 8-12pm which is a reasonably tight window :)

Mark.

Associate
Would have thought you needed to contact the local branch.

You still got the number handy ?

Could do with this puppy Thr or Fri - not a holiday in Scotland.

Cheers

Associate
Vertigo1 said:
Your Iiyama wouldn't be an E431 by any chance? If so, how would you say the image quality of the 2407 compares?
It's a 431S, yes.

As for quality, I honestly don't know how to judge... this is actually only my second personal TFT. I plug in, I turn it on, it works. Quality looks fine, videos look fine and I haven't played any games more graphically demanding than Elite Force 1 yet (which is also fine). I'm still getting my head around having to turn to see from one side to the other... :eek:

EDIT: It's a crapload brighter. I actually prefer it now. I've got the Iiyama set up next to the Dell... it's dwarfed!

Last edited:
Associate
All,
great forums btw!

Anyways ordered my 2407 at the discounted price....advised delivery of 11th also - but they called me yesterday and mine will be here today ;)

Also checked it via the online tracker; mine is in Croydon right now (which aint far away!) Can't wait to get home to this new toy!

Again, great forums all....

Soldato
seanoevil said:
All,
great forums btw!

Anyways ordered my 2407 at the discounted price....advised delivery of 11th also - but they called me yesterday and mine will be here today ;)

Also checked it via the online tracker; mine is in Croydon right now (which aint far away!) Can't wait to get home to this new toy!

Again, great forums all....
Hey, Welcome! :D

Let us know your experience with the monitor when it's arrived and all set up

Associate
Hen_Dawg said:
Hey, Welcome! :D

Let us know your experience with the monitor when it's arrived and all set up

Hey, thx for welcome!

Will do....we use them at work presently - so I wanted one anyway - but when the price reduction came in, just had to jump at it...

Obviously at work - we use them for work, but at home I shall be using for dvd's, gaming etc...so can't wait to see how it fairs...

Will drop a line once up and running! :)

Associate
Well,

Got mine connected up...Looks luurrrvvvly!

REV A04...its fantastic - no problems what so ever with it...

Had a 19" TFT beforehand - this just seems to dwarf it by comparison...Room for everything on it ;)

Love looking at Vista Dreamscenes on it...Some gaming to come later!!

Great bit of kit...reccomend it highly... :)

Soldato
mines fantastic too - almost perfect- apart from I can't quite get the stand to make the monitor horizontal - its almost there - but slightly off - wouldn't look so obvious on a smaller monitor ..

It leans down slightly towards the right.

Mark.

Associate
Buckster said:
mines fantastic too - almost perfect- apart from I can't quite get the stand to make the monitor horizontal - its almost there - but slightly off - wouldn't look so obvious on a smaller monitor ..

It leans down slightly towards the right.

Mark.

Arrrhh!

Had same issue, ever so slightly annoying....

Many thanks for that!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom