Another eBay headache

Soldato
I won a Nintendo Wii on the bay, being a seller not too great a distance from me, 25 miles maximum I wanted to collect.

The seller originally said no, but upon persuasion an agreement was made, on the basis I paid a further £5.00 this demand was sent via eBay messaging system.

OK it's not going to break the bank, however this would still be against the eBay seller policy, and if they get away with it once, it'll be something they carry on doing to others, if not already...

So I filed a non performing seller report. And had confirmation action may be taken to their account.

But what now? I don't want to buy this product, not after all the reports and further funds being demanded. The last thing I want is an unpaid item case on my record. And there is a refusal from the seller to cancel the transaction. Or will my report cover my back?

:confused:

Soldato
OP
eBay respons to my report:

Thank you for reporting ‘joanprincess451’ who wants you to pay an additional amount before they would sell the game console (item 280861404207) you've fairly won.

In view of the situation, please note that the seller's demand for an additional amount is a breach of our Fee Avoidance policy. Let me assure you that we don't condone such activity and such reports will be taken seriously.

We've reviewed your seller's account and taken the appropriate action. It's important to bear in mind that not all of the actions that we can take are visible to you or may not be visible immediately. However, let me assure you again that we've taken the necessary action.

Breaches of eBay's policies can lead to consequences that range from issuing the seller an informational alert, a temporary suspension, an indefinite suspension or terminating the member's account.

While I understand that you want to know exactly what action we took on the member's account, as it's important that eBay maintains member privacy, we won't be able to share these details with you.

Your Feedback is also a key tool in helping us weed out bad sellers. If we see consistent bad performance from a seller, we'll take further action.

I recommend that you leave feedback that reflects your experience with this transaction. Your feedback comment and rating will help other members who are considering buying from this seller.

Again thank you for taking the time to forward this information to us, we rely on dedicated members such as yourself to help us keep eBay a safe and reputable place to buy and sell.

-------

Sorry for all the long winded posts :p

Associate
I won a Nintendo Wii on the bay, being a seller not too great a distance from me, 25 miles maximum I wanted to collect.

The seller originally said no, but upon persuasion an agreement was made, on the basis I paid a further £5.00 this demand was sent via eBay messaging system.

Yes, it's a serious breach of the terms and conditions for them to demand more... but had the seller listed 'Collect in Person' as a shipping method? If not and they first said no with regards to you collecting why force the issue?

This is something I hate as a seller on eBay, I often get messages from potential buyers asking if they can collect but I refuse - I don't list 'Collect In Person' as an option as I don't want strangers turning up at my home to collect stuff. If they ask again or get mouthy regarding it I then block their bids.

Soldato
OP
Yes, it's a serious breach of the terms and conditions for them to demand more... but had the seller listed 'Collect in Person' as a shipping method? If not and they first said no with regards to you collecting why force the issue?

This is something I hate as a seller on eBay, I often get messages from potential buyers asking if they can collect but I refuse - I don't list 'Collect In Person' as an option as I don't want strangers turning up at my home to collect stuff. If they ask again or get mouthy regarding it I then block their bids.

Their story was they had a lot of people waste their time when they offered collections...but saying I'm honest eBayer, swung them but only on condition I stumped up an extra fiver...which in turn passes their seller fee's on to me. Fair enough if I had it posted to me then I would be funding their fee's, but living so close to them, using RM is a pointless exercise.

Even if I was dishonest they could claim their seller fee's back...

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
I would just leave them a negative and that's it and move on, I highly doubt anything will happen to your account regarding non payment etc.

Soldato
You have done well OP, its your fault, yet you rubbish the seller. Yes, fair enough they should most definitely NOT be asking for more money, but at the end of the day you wanted a service they were not actually offering.

Soldato
Why didn't you ask before bidding?

Unfair negative feedback.

Not really, it's obvious the seller was trying to profit out of postage costs which isn't allowed and then got butthurt when someone wanted to collect instead. Either way what he attempted is against eBay's policies.

Fair negative feedback, A++++ would leave again.

Soldato
This is a bit of a strange one.

As a seller, if I didn't have provide an option for collection then I'd only allow postage - sometimes it's just easier. I'm surprised the seller changed his mind allowing you to collect.

Charging for collection is a bit weird I admit.

Soldato
OP
They should've kept to no means no but didn't :p

To be honest I offered to make their life easier saving them a trip to the Post Office or waiting for a courier to arrive, shame I didn't get equally as cheeky and counter their request for more funds, and ask them to pay my fuel for me to collect :p

Ah well their loss, left with seller fee's for goods unsold.

You have done well OP, its your fault, yet you rubbish the seller. Yes, fair enough they should most definitely NOT be asking for more money, but at the end of the day you wanted a service they were not actually offering.

Yes, I partially agree with you, a NO became a YES post sale at the expense of them getting greedy :rolleyes:

I didn't want to 'rubbish the seller' eBay informed me that I should do so...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom