** ANOTHER WEEKEND MEGADEAL: Samsung S27B970D ULTRA THIN LED PROFESSIONAL PLS MONITOR!! - £300 DISC

Soldato
So plugged mine in as well, and so far I'm happy with it but I am still getting used to it a little. The reflections aren't too bad, as someone else mentioned, if there are things on screen you don't really notice them.

My screen came quite bright out of the box so I dropped the brightness/contrast a little on mine, you guys made any adjustments to the out of the box picture?

Associate
Still not got my monitor stuck at Exeter depot getting rather fed up waiting for it now :mad:

DPD are a joke this going to on for a week.

03 Oct 2013 01:00 Exeter
There's a delay with your parcel and it's being held in our DPD Exeter depot

Last edited:
Associate
So plugged mine in as well, and so far I'm happy with it but I am still getting used to it a little. The reflections aren't too bad, as someone else mentioned, if there are things on screen you don't really notice them.

My screen came quite bright out of the box so I dropped the brightness/contrast a little on mine, you guys made any adjustments to the out of the box picture?

Haven't had to turn down the brightness yet, but I do notice that whites are really bright, so I may have to tinker with that a little bit later.

Associate
Finally got around to making an account, but I managed to pick one of these up during the deal. It is such a gorgeous monitor, and the image is just crystal clear. Amazing monitor, very happy.

But, I want some advice on what I should do about this. There seem to be a few issues.

The dead pixels (below) are the only ones on the whole display. Not a problem except they form in the same place which makes it very obvious, and looks to be damage during assembly.

IMG_1670_zps690a0c15.jpg

The others look like backlight bleeding. On the left hand side it is there but barely noticeable during normal use, but on the right hand side it is actually terrible and very obvious.

IMG_1668_zps824aafba.jpg

e6de208d-9553-41d9-b1fe-72c7a7f0887b_zps965b6161.jpg

IMG_1666_zpsac09b24b.jpg

Any advice on what is going on, or if I should try for a replacement?

Last edited:
Associate
The monitor does indeed come with a euro plug, I contacted OCUK and they where unaware that they shipped like this, so are sending out the UK plug for it

Oh, cool. My old radio will be getting its power cable back then. Absolutely no stuck pixels on mine and it looks gorgeous.

Any advice on what is going on, or if I should try for a replacement?

It seems to come with its brightness set to full. You'll be wanting to dial that down quite a bit. If you have got a load of stuck pixels then a return is all I can suggest.

Associate
Well my Samsung arrived today along with Haribo :) I've just now replaced my eyefinity setup with this beast. I had hoped I might of fitted two of my Dells with this but unfortunately I had miscalculated how big this thing actually is ! So I've just gone from.......

To......

I'm giving my 3 Dells to my father and i'm getting his 23inch Samsung syncmaster to accompany this. He's pretty happy :)

Jonesy012 : You definitely have a problem with that display, I have checked out the black light bleed on this and there is pretty much nothing at all. It seems perfect everywhere on it. I ran the pixel tests too and yet again they were perfect. If that was mine it would be getting sent back.

Oh yeah and mines works fine even after DPD played football with the box, check out the state the box arrived in....

I had a go at the delivery driver about it and took some pics just in case but fortunately the monitor is fine. I've always found DPD to be the best courier and never had a problem with them in the past so I hope this is just a one of but Overclockers might be interested to see the state it arrived in.

Associate
I had a go at the delivery driver about it and took some pics just in case but fortunately the monitor is fine. I've always found DPD to be the best courier and never had a problem with them in the past so I hope this is just a one of but Overclockers might be interested to see the state it arrived in.

Good thing there's a lot of empty space in that box! I think I'd have had kittens if that was what I'd received.

Associate
I wasn't pleased to say the least, the delivery driver said it was like that when he got it. You can actually put your hand through the hole right in and touch it. I think I was very lucky or at least DPD were very lucky or I would have hit the roof !

L_D

L_D

Associate
My box was open at the bottom which was a bit alarming. All fine inside the box though. Very little backlight bleed on my one. Three dead pixels though. I'm ok with that though I think as don't see it in normal use.

L_D

L_D

Associate
The dead pixels on mine are only visible on a white screen and I had to be about 20cm or so from the screen to spot them. I'm a bit picky when it comes to dead pixels, and have better than 2020 vision. In this case though I've decided to live with it as the dead pixels are not noticeable from normal viewing distance.

It surprises me that bad panels still end up in the Samsung monitors given that they normally offload these to third party budget manufacturers.

Associate
I think I must have been very lucky then, there's nothing at all I can see wrong with this other than I want 3 and a bigger desk ! No dead pixels at all here.

Im in the same boat as you here, my screen is perfect, other than the euro plug, this monitor is 100% fine,

I did in the end have to turn the brightness down, anything that displays a white screen ended up being just to bright, I may have to turn it down some more to be honest, but ill see how it goes over the next few days,

As for DPD, im lucky that I only live like 2 mins from my local depot, so im usually one of the first to get deliveries, else I would hate to see how the box would arrive, the only thing with my box was the one seal on the the side was open, but the rest of the box was sealed.

Now I just need to decide whether I want to update my 680GTX to something more powerful, .oO(Hey Gibbo, you wanna knock 50% off the TITANS next weekend :D )Oo.

Associate

TFT Central recommended the 'High Bright' preset with the brightness lowered - I'm running that preset at 50% brightness which suits the room I use it in.

Sorry to hear about dead pixels L_D. I'd speak to OCUK, that looks like a duffer, that backlight bleed rivals the Dell U2713HM!

Associate
Well I used to run the efinity setup on a 7950 but ended up crossfiring as it couldn't handle bf3 on full at that res. 2048 X 3 or something the Dell's are higher than 1080. It still wasn't the best tho but could just handle it. I then just switched to one monitor for online games, I had better k/d with more frames, plus I hate the screen screch of eyefinity. It's a fundamental problem tho in which 3D games are rendered. This now seems perfect. Nice high res, two cards are supporting fine, been playing bf4 for last hour n it's great. Not nearly as fast as bf3 but it's only the beta and is more than playable.

Associate
Thanks guys, I just wanted to double check it was definitely the road I should go down. Guess I just got unlucky.

On another point, did everybody else receive one with a European/Asian plug? That took me by surprise.

Associate
Yeah I got the Euro plug too, was pretty annoying. My gfs mp3 player was charging in the bedroom tho and happened to have the same adapter ;) Still moaned about it when she got in. I was originally gonna rewire a 13 amp plug socket but couldn't find anything I would sacrifice for it so this will do for now.

Associate
The dead pixels on mine are only visible on a white screen and I had to be about 20cm or so from the screen to spot them. I'm a bit picky when it comes to dead pixels, and have better than 2020 vision. In this case though I've decided to live with it as the dead pixels are not noticeable from normal viewing distance.

It surprises me that bad panels still end up in the Samsung monitors given that they normally offload these to third party budget manufacturers.

You would think that would be the case (given that they normally offload these to third party budget manufacturers.) Samsung are the same as LG they are not that bothered. It all comes down to making profit.

L_D

L_D

Associate
TFT Central recommended the 'High Bright' preset with the brightness lowered - I'm running that preset at 50% brightness which suits the room I use it in.

Sorry to hear about dead pixels L_D. I'd speak to OCUK, that looks like a duffer, that backlight bleed rivals the Dell U2713HM!

I looked at the screen again actually. What I thought were dead pixels were actually tiny bits of black dirt on the front of the glass - they came right off with the cloth! I wasn't too bothered if they were dead pixels, but it's good that they weren't.

Back
Top Bottom