Another xbox question......

Associate
hi guys, i have my xbox and hd drive hooked up to my lcd screen via the vga connection and the picture quality is great, however i have it connected to my av amp via an optical cable. The sound is not that good i need to turn my amp right up to get any decent sound and even then its still not that good.

I can tell the difference because i have tried superman returns (HD) in the hd drive and then superman returns in my dvd player and the sound is considerably different, in that it is alot louder.

Has anyone encountered any similar problems???

Baz

Baz

Soldato
Turn the volume up on the Xbox... if you press the guide button, there is a volume button in there... Failing that, if you go to the Media pane, and open up the media player, there is a volume slide/button in there.

Soldato
Scarylion said:
There is a bug with the HD-DVD Drive where everything is a bit quieter than it should be!

Ah, having only received my drive a couple of days ago, and only having one HD-DVD at the moment, I did wonder!

Associate
Memphis said:
Ah, having only received my drive a couple of days ago, and only having one HD-DVD at the moment, I did wonder!

Yep same here.
I'm also running the 360 HD-DVD player through an optical cable to my DVD/amp. I was watching Troy on it the other night and I had to set the volume to 48! Usually if I'm watching an SD-DVD on my DVD player the volume is set at 35, and that's loud enough!