Anthem 2018

Soldato
Actually got to play with a couple of friends last night and had a great time, three of us, Storm, Titan and Interceptor and it started clicking, not sure that dumping people in at level 10 was the best idea to be frank, performance wise I either got used to it (I find the same with Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3) or my vanilla PS4 decided to stop messing about as it appeared to get a bit better with time, either way my pre-order is staying as is :)

Soldato
From what I've played it was quite fun and I can see myself playing it for a fair bit, at least after launch.

I'm not sure it's ready for release next month though, it is incredibly buggy (playing on the X) missions rarely load correctly and just get stuck on loading screen, had a number of crashes etc. It would be unplayable really if released in the current state but hopefully these demos will help solve the problems.
I feel the same, the gameplay mechanics actually feel good and hopefully there's a bit more mission variety. The bugs and crashes are a nightmare though, I've only managed to load into 1 game properly. The rest of them I've had to restart the game to rejoin the mission I wanted to. The general performance is poor too, particularly in the town area. I'm hopeful that they can fix both as it shows promise.

Soldato
Well from what I've played I've really enjoyed it maxed out 2 characters with 19 gear so done enough to know I'll like it. Would have like to have tried all Javelins but I had already decided on Storm.

However, I'm still not sure this should be released next month unless they can fix all the issues ie stuck at 95% loading screen the majority of the time and a few crashes.

Apparently this build is 6 weeks behind, I guess now the VIP demo has ended Bioware will be busy updating the Demo for the open version.

I enjoyed what i played in the end, once I'd worked out how to join i levelled up and unlocked the Storm, absolutely love that one, the elemental powers were great to use and look stunning, They did unlock the other two for us to use, so in the Open demo I'll give the infiltrator a go as well as that one looks fun.

Soldato
Apparently this build is 6 weeks behind, I guess now the VIP demo has ended Bioware will be busy updating the Demo for the open version.

I enjoyed what i played in the end, once I'd worked out how to join i levelled up and unlocked the Storm, absolutely love that one, the elemental powers were great to use and look stunning, They did unlock the other two for us to use, so in the Open demo I'll give the infiltrator a go as well as that one looks fun.

I noticed last night that all were unlocked so gave the colossus a go. That plays so differently to the ranger/storm, it wants to be on the ground and soaks up damage, couple that with the flamethrower and lighting and its a one man army. I'll give the other one a go next weekend, by which time Bioware will hopefully have sorted the loading problems.

Soldato
I noticed last night that all were unlocked so gave the colossus a go. That plays so differently to the ranger/storm, it wants to be on the ground and soaks up damage, couple that with the flamethrower and lighting and its a one man army. I'll give the other one a go next weekend, by which time Bioware will hopefully have sorted the loading problems.

Hopefully.

It was strange as i played the alpha, and bar the server issues which we knew about as they were testing them,
i never once had an issue with infinite load screens, so it must be something in that build which has gone wrong.

Soldato
Soldato
I'll have to try the Open demo when it comes out but I wouldn't put it past them to just be the exact demo again. The VIP demo didn't do anything for me. I was really excited on Friday to play it so was a bit gutted to see all the server issues but that doesn't bother me as that is more the 'norm' these days with most releases. When I did play it I just felt really underwhelmed. The hub area felt really slow and arduous but was incredibly pretty and the main game is just OK. I think I would get it and enjoy it if it wasn't for the fact that the Division 2 comes out so soon after. It clearly has potential but there are too many Destiny vibes that it's going to be meh the 1st year and coming back later is going to be 'what it should've been like at release'.

Soldato
Well, played an hour or so.

Still the same opinion as before. If Destiny didn't exist it might be quite compelling, but it's such an obvious attempt to copy the genre, I just feel like I've played it all before.

Nicely executed, looks decent enough. BioWare are no Bungie though when it comes to combat design. Game looks like it should be Destiny, but really it's The Division, much more RPG number-focused, less skill.

I'll probably pick it up when it's on sale in six months or so. I think TCTD2 will scratch the loot shooter itch until then.

EDIT: The number and duration of loading screens sucks. Really sucks. They need to sort that out. Doesn't feel remotely open world when you're getting kicked into a loading screen every few minutes.

Soldato
Seems like it will be a fun game but **** me the frame rate is in the toilet and there doesn't seem to be any HDR at least not in the demo.

I will be be grabbing this but on the pc.

Soldato
I'm 50/50 on it.

The Javelins are great. Good movement, control well, decent amount of customisation. The game world itself though is a bit naff, going by the demo. Uninspiring enemies, dull NPCs, lifeless settlements, confusing missions.

I'll likely make use of the 10 hour trial. Beyond that? Not sure. It's fun, but I'm not sure how long I'll stick with it.

Soldato
Downloaded the demo (yet to play) by the looks of it am I right in thinking this is just Destiny with a different name?

Looks remarkably similarly on the game play trailer to destiny and the few descriptions sound similar. Was never fully in on destiny so want to make sure I would not just be getting something identical.

Soldato
Downloaded the demo (yet to play) by the looks of it am I right in thinking this is just Destiny with a different name?

Looks remarkably similarly on the game play trailer to destiny and the few descriptions sound similar. Was never fully in on destiny so want to make sure I would not just be getting something identical.
they have their similarities, but Destiny's gunplay is in an all together different league

Back
Top Bottom