any deals on new iphones at launch

Associate
sorry but i have to ask are there any deals on iPhone at launch or later on for buying outright, i usually just buy outright every two years and if i like what i see then would like to know any deals to look out for ?
Thanks

Soldato
If you go via a 3rd party seller you may be able to get the latest phone and a decent 2 year contract for a good all in price. It can work out cheaper than buying a phone and service separately.

Associate
OP
If you go via a 3rd party seller you may be able to get the latest phone and a decent 2 year contract for a good all in price. It can work out cheaper than buying a phone and service separately.
i did check this last year but decided to wait till this year.
Thanks

Soldato
It’s really not that contentious of a comment. You can get good deals from 3rd party sellers, it’s nothing new and has always been the case.

iPhone 13 pro 256gb is £1049.

I’ll pay about £1300 for the phone and 2 years of service with 100gb data. So 2 years service with 100gb data for under £11 a month. At the time you couldn’t get anything like that amount of data for under £11. There was no need to put £1049 down on day one and an order of magnitude cheaper than direct from the network.

Soldato
Price of contracts for new phones have been ridiculous for 5+ years now.

If you look at the EE website, an iPhone 13 pro max on release with unlimited data, texts and calls came in at around £115 a month, even now almost a year later it’s still £89 a month, madness.

Mobilephonesdirect or appliancesdirect are the best places for 3rd party options, much better than going direct through the likes of EE or 3.

Man of Honour
I’ve always sold my phones direct to whatever company offers most money then buy direct from Apple. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a mobile deal from the mainstream operators that works out cheaper.

Associate
I typically hang out until Black Friday after the release. Using Mobiles.co.uk or Mobilephonesdirect etc.

Bagged my iPhone 13 Pro Max last November for £1240 over 2 years with Vodafone (64gb, unlimited data/text/mins)

Soldato
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a mobile deal from the mainstream operators that works out cheaper.
Sim only is the best all round option.

£20 on EE for 100GB of data, unlimited texts and calls, 5G and the most reliable network going though the unlimited texts seem redundant especially if you’re using data for WhatsApp or using iMessage to another Apple device.

Think I’ve been on this sim only deal since 2018 and before that I had a sim only deal with 3 for almost 10 years, I’ll never tie myself into a phone contract again.

Soldato
I’ve always sold my phones direct to whatever company offers most money then buy direct from Apple. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a mobile deal from the mainstream operators that works out cheaper.
You won’t which is why you go to the 3rd party resellers who will sell you it for a much lower price.

It’s not like the usual 3rd party resellers are ‘dodgy’ either, they have been around for as long as I can remember. For example mobiles.co.uk is just Curry’s.

Sim only is the best all round option.

£20 on EE for 100GB of data, unlimited texts and calls, 5G and the most reliable network going though the unlimited texts seem redundant especially if you’re using data for WhatsApp or using iMessage to another Apple device.

Think I’ve been on this sim only deal since 2018 and before that I had a sim only deal with 3 for almost 10 years, I’ll never tie myself into a phone contract again.

But your effectively paying 50% more than for service than my contract. Granted EE was slightly more when I purchased but still significantly cheaper than £20 a month after deducting the cost of the phone.

It pays to be a new customer sometimes. That said I‘ll be going back to sim only at the end of the contract, I don’t buy into the annual/2-yearly upgrade cycle.

Soldato
I don't think I've ever seen a deal on or after launch day which works out cheaper than buying a phone from Apple and getting a SIM only deal.
Well two people in this thread who have actually bought them suggest the opposite, just saying :)

Like i said, last year on launch day I ordered a £1049 phone on a 2 year contract with 100gb data for £1300. 100gb for under £11/month was a very good deal a year ago.

Back
Top Bottom