Any decent composite door manufacturers?

Associate
OP
Rockdoor all day. They’ve had issues, but have a great relationship with them and things get sorted without question. Unfortunately the same can’t be said for others.

Just make sure whatever you do you get a long term, reliable supplier, as the guarantee lies with the supplier.
Thanks, as it turns out I did decide on Rockdoor based on a few things...just trying to find a good local installer. I really like this one bloke but he is just one bloke who has only been around for less than a year, would love to give him my business but am a bit worried about exactly what you said in your second sentence there...if he disappears I'm shafted if there is a problem!

Associate
OP
Out of interest re my comment above...this sole trader chap I like who fits Rockdoors has a 10 year insurance backed guarantee...does that mean if he does go out of business or simply decides he can't be arsed repairing my door that I can somehow contact the insurance company to send someone out in his place?.

Associate
Out of interest re my comment above...this sole trader chap I like who fits Rockdoors has a 10 year insurance backed guarantee...does that mean if he does go out of business or simply decides he can't be arsed repairing my door that I can somehow contact the insurance company to send someone out in his place?.
It's standard in the industry but honestly, they aren't worth the paper they are written on (based on what I've heard from customers who have been left helpless by previous suppliers/installers and then gone down the insurance backed guarantee route), and would definitely not rely on them to help you out should anything go wrong, which makes the supplier/installer of the door so important.

Soldato
Necro.

On the hunt for a front door as the current PVC one that was installed prior to owning the house has had horrible fitting. Never received any paperwork for the windows and doors installs, but they're not great. Realistically i do need a composite door as the PVC one really hasn't got much insulation to it at all it seems. But having read reviews on Solidor i feel like avoiding them at all costs, Endurance appear better. Hoping to use a local supplier and installer to avoid headaches. I just have such little faith these days in big company workmanship, regardless of where it's built.

Soldato
Necro.

On the hunt for a front door as the current PVC one that was installed prior to owning the house has had horrible fitting. Never received any paperwork for the windows and doors installs, but they're not great. Realistically i do need a composite door as the PVC one really hasn't got much insulation to it at all it seems. But having read reviews on Solidor i feel like avoiding them at all costs, Endurance appear better. Hoping to use a local supplier and installer to avoid headaches. I just have such little faith these days in big company workmanship, regardless of where it's built.
I'd say most of the composite door manufacturers are roughly on par. It's more down to how well they are installed.

Our Solidor is fantastic, but it was installed well.

Associate
My two Endurance doors were terrible quality, the front has been replaced twice, the back door still has issues I’m trying to get them to resolve. The issues were with the doors not the fitting.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got back two quotes so far, £1k Endurance, £1.7 Solidor. Mad.

Going to chase a more local firm for something, purely because they've been around way longer and have a unit at a business park.

Soldato
Yeah VAT included too. Single panel, no glass. I got his details from the Endurance website. You have to question when price is that low.
To be fair Endurance seem to allow a lot of indys to sign up. I got mine from some random chick - £2.6k for 2, fitted. It made no difference as Endurance offer the warranty and the fitter is some other 3rd party.

Associate
Yeah VAT included too. Single panel, no glass. I got his details from the Endurance website. You have to question when price is that low.
I think the doors themselves retail for 800 including manufacture mark up. The sales teams/fitters add on their slice which takes them up to 1.5/2k. Leaves plenty of space to undercut, especially if the install doesn't take all that long.

Associate
Your fitter being the one that left your two endurance doors in an absolute state? Lol
The problems were mainly with the doors not the fitting. I think Endurance just cobbled them together badly during Covid due to lack of materials, and their lack of support has been frustrating. Especially the back door letting water through, they didn’t seem bothered at all, had to document what I thought the issue was, and they finally sent a new length of rubber strip for the join. No idea if that will work, the join design/seal is poor for the stable door.

Back
Top Bottom