Any decent composite door manufacturers?

Associate
Ehhh, thats a dodgy claim at best. Are the corners of the door square? If so the problem lies with the fitter.
Ok, front first…

First front door was bowed, came with wrong glass, wrong letterbox, glazing trim was different white to door, exterior anthracite glazing trim bubbles due to bad spraying of white trim as they’d run out of anthracite trim. Frame had one brush weatherstrip, and weatherseal between door face and frame was 1-2 mm at best which is why door two was draughty.

Door 2, replaced only the slab, again came with incorrect glazing, no letterbox fitted so fitter had to cut out the hole to fit. The door should have been adjusted as the lower half didn’t seal on the 1-2mm weatherseal in the frame face.

Door 3, they supplied a new frame and slab this time. New frame has two brush weather strips and a much deeper face weatherseal. Sent with incorrect letterbox again.

Rear door…

Glazing trim is protruding in the corners, isn’t flush with glass. Hinges don’t look straight but not impacting movement, will keep an eye on that.

Main issue is that it leaks in heavy rain. Being a stable door it was coming through the middle. On looking at the strip/gasket it doesn’t run the full width of the upper and lower door. The strip also doesn’t make contact with the facing weatherseal with the frame so there is a 5mm gap for air/rain to get round. Endurance response was to ask if the gasket sits behind the door frame, which it does, but it doesn’t stop the door leaking. As far as Endurance were concerned the door is correct, even though it leaks.

The gasket also has an upward facing lip which catches water running down the outside face, which would draw it behind the facing weatherseal. I asked if the gasket was fitted to correct way, which they said it was.

So they’ve sent an extra strip of gasket for me to replace and cross the full width of the doors, and I’ve added a much thicker brush strip inside the frame to stop any draughty and hopefully direct water down rather than inside the house.

I’ve given up on the badly fitting glazing trim as Endurance won’t admit to it being badly made, and the door fitter said he wasn’t sure it would go back together well if he tried pulling it apart. (It’s nine small panes forming a square)

So no, not a dodgy claim.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was looking years ago and was heavily bought into rockdoor so much so a friend bought one.

After they got theirs installed and I went to buy mine then my installer said they're not using them anymore and provided me an alternative.

Now a few years old my mates rockdoor has failed and the casing on the windows has started to crack.

Being replaced with another brand under warranty.

Ours seems fine so far, they used this company

But tbh they probably just use another supplier again so could be a solidoor for all I know!

Associate
Ok, front first…

First front door was bowed, came with wrong glass, wrong letterbox, glazing trim was different white to door, exterior anthracite glazing trim bubbles due to bad spraying of white trim as they’d run out of anthracite trim. Frame had one brush weatherstrip, and weatherseal between door face and frame was 1-2 mm at best which is why door two was draughty.

Door 2, replaced only the slab, again came with incorrect glazing, no letterbox fitted so fitter had to cut out the hole to fit. The door should have been adjusted as the lower half didn’t seal on the 1-2mm weatherseal in the frame face.

Door 3, they supplied a new frame and slab this time. New frame has two brush weather strips and a much deeper face weatherseal. Sent with incorrect letterbox again.

Rear door…

Glazing trim is protruding in the corners, isn’t flush with glass. Hinges don’t look straight but not impacting movement, will keep an eye on that.

Main issue is that it leaks in heavy rain. Being a stable door it was coming through the middle. On looking at the strip/gasket it doesn’t run the full width of the upper and lower door. The strip also doesn’t make contact with the facing weatherseal with the frame so there is a 5mm gap for air/rain to get round. Endurance response was to ask if the gasket sits behind the door frame, which it does, but it doesn’t stop the door leaking. As far as Endurance were concerned the door is correct, even though it leaks.

The gasket also has an upward facing lip which catches water running down the outside face, which would draw it behind the facing weatherseal. I asked if the gasket was fitted to correct way, which they said it was.

So they’ve sent an extra strip of gasket for me to replace and cross the full width of the doors, and I’ve added a much thicker brush strip inside the frame to stop any draughty and hopefully direct water down rather than inside the house.

I’ve given up on the badly fitting glazing trim as Endurance won’t admit to it being badly made, and the door fitter said he wasn’t sure it would go back together well if he tried pulling it apart. (It’s nine small panes forming a square)

So no, not a dodgy claim.
If these issues were so prevalent I would have thought the fitters picked them up pre install and just sent them back?

Soldato
Pics? How's the new palace?

I’m waiting for the profile to come in.

Caporegime
I was looking years ago and was heavily bought into rockdoor so much so a friend bought one.

After they got theirs installed and I went to buy mine then my installer said they're not using them anymore and provided me an alternative.

Now a few years old my mates rockdoor has failed and the casing on the windows has started to crack.

Being replaced with another brand under warranty.

Ours seems fine so far, they used this company

But tbh they probably just use another supplier again so could be a solidoor for all I know!

Why is the Rockdoor being replaced with another brand?

The door is under manufactures warranty.

Last edited:
Soldato

I’m waiting for the profile to come in.
Looks tidy. Ask the lad to drill diagonally through the brick to hide the door bell wire entirely tho for sure

Associate
Love the look of the contemporary doors. Either the single slit of glass or diamonds running down the door. Do they let much light in through the slit?

Current door is top half glass and partially frosted/decorative. Let's a bit of natural light into the hallway that would otherwise be starved of

Soldato
Love the look of the contemporary doors. Either the single slit of glass or diamonds running down the door. Do they let much light in through the slit?

Current door is top half glass and partially frosted/decorative. Let's a bit of natural light into the hallway that would otherwise be starved of
Yes plenty. It’s a really dark hallway so I wanted the glass slit.

It’s a really nice door and I put in a bold
Lock

Back
Top Bottom