Any english doctors left in england ?

Soldato
Seems I cant do right for wrong, I hold my hands up I sometimes say things that are maybe not the best worded, but look at you all in your ivory tower work places scratching your butts all day for doing nothing at work but typing a few words and answering the phones.

You hate on these people instead of being inspired by them. Why do you hate foreigners so much? Is it because they have come to the country with nothing and have worked exceptionally hard and made something of themselves and you are jealous of this?

Caporegime
Seriously, why do people defend the immigrants and foreigners, it wouldnt suprise me if most of you here are, I must be the minority - oh and what happened to freedom of speech, I forgot this is not England is it.

I'm second gen - my mum is Finnish and came here when she was 20. I'm white as you like, like a stealth immigrant. You'd never know it. I've succeeded in taking a highly professional job away from a native - suck it, losers.

Soldato
you know what, maybe your right I dont know.

I just dont like it when people have had life so easy and look down at "the commoners", at least I have tried. I could have went on depression and never worked in my life, but that would drive me potty.

My anger towards foreigners is they get so much help, the country has been in debt yet they still send money overseas to foreigners, and instead cut budgets to things like the NHS, police cuts etc.

I like working, even if the job is crappy minimum wage, it stops your mind taking over.

You're wrong in that sense. An illegal immigrant is illegal, and therefore cannot actually claim benefits. I don't think you quite understand the benefits system so well. They can't just come over here and scrounge off benefits, it doesn't work like that.

Not only that, but you're missing the most important part. Nearly all the foreigners that come here in fact try to get jobs and work hard, and they're in the same position as yourself. But they love being there, because it's so much better than what they had before. So you might consider your situation crappy, for them it's a comfortable life. That's why the come to this country - they think that they'll be accepted and given the opportunity to work hard and have a better quality of life.

Soldato
I just dont like it when people have had life so easy and look down at "the commoners", at least I have tried.

But not everyone HAS had their life so easy. Obviously some have, but don't kid yourself that the only reason why people are doctors/lawyers/dentists is because they've had it handed to them on a plate - because this is absolutely, 110% NOT true.

I could have went on depression and never worked in my life, but that would drive me potty.

Well done for staying in work. Keep working. Perhaps look into getting more training? There are plenty of college courses out there that cater for many different people.

My anger towards foreigners is they get so much help, the country has been in debt yet they still send money overseas to foreigners, and instead cut budgets to things like the NHS, police cuts etc.

They don't. Some do. But most get absolutely **** all. Honestly, don't believe what the Daily Mail says - it's horse crap. Giving aid to foreign countries often generates MORE money for the country in the form of reconstruction contracts - so stop buying into this "OMG the government gave £15m to India in aid" because the truth is - from the contracts we will get back from India, we will make much much more than this.

Soldato
I think most of the doctors at my local medical centre are English. At my local hospital (Blackburn) I don't think I've ever seen an English Doctor, but all have spoken perfect English.

I do understand how it can be annoying when you cant understand them though. When I went to Hospital due to having heart palpitations I had a Doctor with a stammer and bad English :D:rolleyes:. It was really frustrating as I was so worried and wanted to know exactly what was happening but I couldn't tell a word he was saying.

Last edited:
Soldato
Now before anyone says im racist, im not, just pointing something out.
I went to my doctor whos last name i always have a hard time remembering, now hes a nice person dont get me wrong but his english is so bad myself and even the nurse who were sitting in had a hard time understanding him.

Ive asked a few of my friends, relatives and even work collegues the same question and nearly all say that their doctor is middle eastern and that they can hardly understand them or things get mixed up i.e wrong medication etc...

Now as ive already stated im not racist as i myself am not english so dont care if the doctors are from england but it just bugs me that so many doctors working in england that arent english have appauling english, surely this is one of the fundamentals of working in such an important job in a foreign country as so many mistake could/can be made ???

His English is bad is it?

*I'm *he's *the nurse and I *I've *Middle Eastern *I've *English *England *appalling *mistakes

Caporegime
There are a couple non-British doctors in the practice I go to in Aberystwyth and I must admit that the last time I went in I wasn't comfortable talking to him because I can barely understand him and he could barely understand me. As for my practice back home I think there is one or two but they are not bad at all, I usually go see my doctor when I go there though.

My surgeon that done my knee was English and his 2 people that he had in with him to speak to me etc were also English. When I had my back done my surgeon was German I think, did his first medical degree in South Africa of all places as well, but when you're consultant and surgeon is called Professor Eisenstein I don't think you'd care where in the world he was from! :D

I'm not bothered about doctors coming from else where in the world as well, the language barrier can obviously be a bit of an annoyance but it's all good really especially when you get free prescriptions! :D :p

Man of Honour
So you have no skills and been doing **** jobs your whole life.. I'd hire a skilled foreigner over a scummy 'Englishman' (*cough*) any day. In fact, I think I just made up my mind over a certain position we had going at work.

Ooh, that's a bit harsh because you have just descended to Toons level by insulting everybody who doesn't do a job like you.
You should be asking him why he thinks foreign Clinicians are scum who don't contribute to our country.

For my part I don't give a stuff what colour they are, I would just like Doctors to be able to write properly.
Virtually every day in my job 4 of us will hover around a computer monitor trying to decipher what a Doctor/Consultant has wrote.
About 4 weeks ago we had to embarassingly send a report back to a white Doctor because we couldn't read one word of it.

Soldato
Ooh, that's a bit harsh because you have just descended to Toons level by insulting everybody who doesn't do a job like you.
You should be asking him why he thinks foreign Clinicians are scum who don't contribute to our country.

For my part I don't give a stuff what colour they are, I would just like Doctors to be able to write properly.
Virtually every day in my job 4 of us will hover around a computer monitor trying to decipher what a Doctor/Consultant has wrote.
About 4 weeks ago we had to embarassingly send a report back to a white Doctor because we couldn't read one word of it.

Doctors cannot write - that's one of the truest stereotypes around. I can't write properly, and most of my friends who want to do medicine can't write. One girl I know who wants to do medicine has beautiful handwriting, I've got no clue how she's going to get in!

Soldato

And now read my next few posts as I apologised for that heated comment. Should be on the previous page, have a look.

Associate
There is an English Doctor (whose practice it is) who is awesome, spends ages with his patients, then there is an English Nurse, who I'm sure is the devil in disguise, hate her and I'm sure she hates me. There are a couple of Foreign Doctors also, who seem alright although they don't like spending more than 5 minutes with a patient.

uv

uv

Soldato
oh and what happened to freedom of speech, I forgot this is not England is it

You're entitled to your opinion, just as much as I'm entitled to disagree.

You can be as bigoted as you like, but it doesn't mean anyone has to accept your viewpoint.

No one has asked you to forfeit your freedom of speech, they've just disagreed (sometimes vehemently) with what you're saying - ie., expressing their own freedom of speech.

Man of Honour
Personally I don't have a problem people emigrating into the UK providing they understand and respect our own way of living. The same way we would be expected to anywhere else. Integration is key. This includes basic communications skills such as English. I think generally this is what people have a problem with and I have to say, it is an issue for me. It might be ignorance in my part but I can't understand a word my doctor says and she really struggles with English. For something as important as my health, it's essential that I understand.

The other thing is when people have settled here than still refer to their native country as home. I find that quite disrespectful.

In the end, migration is occurring all over the world and people do leave the UK to seek a new way of living abroad so it's swings and round-a-bouts. I know countless People who have migrated to NZ, for example. And just how are the British portrayed in Spain? I think we should be proud of the fact that people do want to come here. That says more for this country than anything and i think generally, the UK accepts change more than they let on.

People living here illegally is a completely different story though.

uv

uv

Soldato
I think we should be proud of the fact that people do want to come here.

I cannot agree more :)

I have a friend (originally from Cameroon) who has been here for ~11 years, is a nurse (previously a dental assistant) - if that matters at all - and the day she got her permanent stay was one of her happiest days.

Now, this is something that makes me proud to live here. That fact that people from other nations choose to live here (and not for benefits as the vehemently anti-immigration crowd would choose to say - she's put far more into the system than she's taken) makes me believe there's something here to celebrate :)

Soldato
its exceptionally hard for anyone with overseas medical qualifications to practice without equivalence examinations, to continuously show competence and to evade paying tax

for example: http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/story.asp?sectioncode=23&storycode=4127350

the above link shows how hard it is to be recognised as being a competent GP, the last exam is mainly based on communication skills, and a lot of foreign graduates have to retake several times

if you're suggesting that in a sample of millions of people there are some bad apples, then I won't disagree with that - but you have no justification in tarnishing everyone by aligning yourself with the OP

Seems like they are having a problem with it.

Mail, Foreign doctors six times likely banned

Mail, Ubani unlawfully killed patient

Mail, Foreign doctors face competence inquiry

Mail, Mp wants action against inept foreign doctors

You see people like this is who I have a problem with...

You'd never know it. I've succeeded in taking a highly professional job away from a native - suck it, losers.

What a

So you have no skills and been doing **** jobs your whole life.. I'd hire a skilled foreigner over a scummy 'Englishman' (*cough*) any day. In fact, I think I just made up my mind over a certain position we had going at work.
You complete and utter piece of ****! The low skilled workers keep this country running. If you hate the English so much why don't you take a long swim in the channel.

Soldato

Maybe you should try writing legibly on a huge pile of notes that will most likely pop their bindings and spill over the floor dictated by someone who is talking ten to the dozen whilst your pager is going off + a nurse it telling you that someone looks like they are about to pop it + someone is yelling I have been waiting over 30 mins for my TTO's + people are brushing past you and pushing trolleys past you in some narrow corridor etc etc. It aint easy.

Back
Top Bottom