• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any ideas when we think the 2080 will come down in price?

OcUK Staff
Why should someone consider a vii over a 2080? And what’s the best 1440p card?

16G, many games already use more than 8G, particular at 4k! More future proof in that regard!
Streaming!
Compute and professional use.
Performance boost typically more so over time with driver updates.

Actual raw performance V7 / 2080 / 1080Ti they all trade blows, pick your favourite, though 1080Ti is now £1000 plus new, so no longer really a competitor.

Associate
OP
Sapphire is not the worse, its sold the most and of course by rule of mathematics means it shall also be the most returns, but its actual failure rate remains at under 2% just like most other high-end cards.

In comparison the sales are as follows:
- Sapphire: 210 units
- Powercolor: 57 units
- Asrock: 33 units
- MSI: 27 units
- Gigabyte: 17 units
- Asus: 11 units
What about EVGA? or is that one of them listed?

Associate
OP
16G, many games already use more than 8G, particular at 4k! More future proof in that regard!
Streaming!
Compute and professional use.
Performance boost typically more so over time with driver updates.

Actual raw performance V7 / 2080 / 1080Ti they all trade blows, pick your favourite, though 1080Ti is now £1000 plus new, so no longer really a competitor.

but on tests, the 2080 seems to outperform? https://venturebeat.com/2019/02/12/radeon-vii-review/

Will the V7 work with Gsync monitors? or is it still only Nvidia cards? (I have a x34 wanting to upgrade from a 980ti for 1440p 100fps ultra, ultrawide gaming)

Soldato
I've being pushing for £599 since launch, unfortunately no partner can really get us a USD price to get that low, if the whole Brexit could be sorted out and we got to 1.40-1.45 pound again then £599 could indeed happen, but right now our economy is absolutely totally screwed.

I am relentless and have not stopped pushing, also pushing like mad to get Vega 7 down to £599 as well and I am sure if I achieve that all of a sudden NVIDIA would want to compete.

Hopefully I will get my way, manage to get 2060 down to £299 before anyone else could! :)

Sounds good. And thanks for the effort.

I've being pushing for £599 since launch, unfortunately no partner can really get us a USD price to get that low, if the whole Brexit could be sorted out and we got to 1.40-1.45 pound again then £599 could indeed happen, but right now our economy is absolutely totally screwed.

I am relentless and have not stopped pushing, also pushing like mad to get Vega 7 down to £599 as well and I am sure if I achieve that all of a sudden NVIDIA would want to compete.

Hopefully I will get my way, manage to get 2060 down to £299 before anyone else could! :)

And how is that affecting the 1080ti’s in stock?

Soldato
The way to lower Nvidia's prices is to buy an AMD card to increase their market share until it's a 50/50 split. Then both companies will be fighting to release the fastest cards at reasonable prices and we'll all benefit.

Simply waiting for Nvidia's prices to lower isn't the answer.

Soldato
The way to lower Nvidia's prices is to buy an AMD card to increase their market share until it's a 50/50 split. Then both companies will be fighting to release the fastest cards at reasonable prices and we'll all benefit.

Simply waiting for Nvidia's prices to lower isn't the answer.

AMD to increase GPU market share to 50%? No chance, not gonna will happen ever. NEVER!

VvRa0MN.png

Last time AMD hit 50% market share was very long time ago in Q2 2004 when AMD launched Radeon X800 but AMD's Q4 2018 was the worst quarter ever when it hit historic all time low 19% while Nvidia had the best quarter ever hit historic all time high 81%. 2019 will be very last time AMD and Nvidia will fighting each other and Q1 2020 probably will see Intel launch Xe GPUs. Many AMD owners probably will jump to Intel Xe GPUs and see AMD market share tank to 10% or lower while Intel gain AIB market share first time.

Soldato

need you to post this in the brexit thread ;)

Back
Top Bottom