HTC U11

Soldato
No headphone jack but there's an adapter included as standard. Hardware wise it looks good, but it is a shame the design is quite uninspiring.Will see what it's like in the flesh before deciding .

Soldato
Still no return for the front facing speakers :(

I'm feeling hard up to replace my m7 though, it's showing it's age and can only slow charge and the usb charging port doesn't grip anymore so it's a struggle trying to keep the cable in for the few hours it takes to charge.

Associate
Well I have been a self-confessed htc fan for many years, but I can say this is me and htc parting ways. Sorry htc but you've not done enough to sway me away from a Samsung S8.

Soldato
Well I have been a self-confessed htc fan for many years, but I can say this is me and htc parting ways. Sorry htc but you've not done enough to sway me away from a Samsung S8.

Honestly mate, this is the best time to jump on a Samsung flagship if you ask me. Nothing will appeal to me for a while I doubt, especially from HTC and I've owned the M7 through M10.

Soldato
OP
Well ive watched some of the release videos and I am not really drawn to it at all, ive owned a HTC since the HTC Magic, and I am thinking about abanding ship, and going for a Samsung Galaxy S8+ ....

Soldato
This bodes well for the pixel 2 - water resistance and an even better camera than the pixel 1 (which is still the best camera in a smartphone over 6 months after release)

Soldato
The more I look at this phone the more it appeals. No gimmicky curved screen. Water resistance. Amazing camera. It comes in red. Hmmm!

Soldato
They also seem to have gone all in with sound quality too...
If the red gets released over here then this could well be my next phone to replace my 6P

Soldato
Battery life is my main concern here. I don't get this fixation that 3000mAh is enough for a 5.5 inch phone - so many do it. Especially when you're pushing that many pixels on an LCD. Just go 1080p and give me better battery life!

Soldato
On my S7 Edge, which has one of the highest endurance ratings for a flagship phone, it just lasts me through the day :/ I have to charge my spare nexus 6p twice a day (morning and around 3 oclock) for it to last

Soldato
On my S7 Edge, which has one of the highest endurance ratings for a flagship phone, it just lasts me through the day :/ I have to charge my spare nexus 6p twice a day (morning and around 3 oclock) for it to last

My s7 edge was shocking for battery, as was my s6 edge which was absolutely appalling, my htc 10 I can easily get through a normal day and get home with about 40%, obviously it all depends on what you with a phone but its far better than my s7 and s6, I sent my s8+ back within days of getting it so cant compare

Soldato
Available for around £585 directly from HTC if sign up to one of their newsletters and get 10% off, be interesting what the prices are like for this on contracts. Squeeze function would come in handy for things other than photo taking as appears to be fully customisable.

Only annoying thing is removal of 3.5mm jack, rely on USB-C for that so iPhone esque in that respect.

Soldato
My s7 edge was shocking for battery, as was my s6 edge which was absolutely appalling, my htc 10 I can easily get through a normal day and get home with about 40%, obviously it all depends on what you with a phone but its far better than my s7 and s6, I sent my s8+ back within days of getting it so cant compare

That's so strange! What's a standard day for you on your phone? I'm mostly web browsing, music listening and YouTube watching.

Soldato
Bit of web browsing, lots of emails and take a few photos, the s7 was odd, some days It would be fine other days appalling without a huge difference in use, the s6 edge was just terrible full stop, maybe it was faulty, but it wouldn't last a day even with the lightest of use

Soldato
Very close to doing the same!

£250 upfront and 27.99 a month for 5GB data and unlim mins and texts. With the £50 cashback it works out to £25.xx a month, it's something like £871 over 2 years. There's also £50 cashback on topcashback. I couldn't find a sim only plan as good if buying the phone sim free to better this with EE as the carrier.

Back
Top Bottom