HTC U11

Soldato
Yeah I'm not surprised. My Mate did a similar thing....he's happy with the HTC 10 and is eagerly awaiting the HTC U11.

I've placed a preorder via HTC for the U11...God knows when I'll get it. If it's anything like last year every other retailer other than HTC will send the U11 out and HTC will be last.... :eek:

Soldato
What colour did you go for? Black and silver were both showing in stock this morning on htcs website. Hoping that means my black gets shipped soon but not holding breath!

Associate
Upgraded from my M9 with CPW, arrived today. Looks and feels great - brilliant silver.

I have to say, at a CPW the display of the U11 could be left better desired - a poor imiitation of the real thing. The S8/S8+ seem to get the prominence at the stores - nicely cleaned, dusted down and polished. While with the U11 body - finger prints all over and a crappy screen print stuck on. This almost swayed me to the S8. But youtube videos comparing the two and my own HTC histroy made me stick with HTC.

There just does not seem to be any effort on the retailer's part to display it in all its glory compared to the galaxy and iphone displays. Just do not see how this helps HTC at all.

Soldato
Upgraded from my M9 with CPW, arrived today. Looks and feels great - brilliant silver.

I have to say, at a CPW the display of the U11 could be left better desired - a poor imiitation of the real thing. The S8/S8+ seem to get the prominence at the stores - nicely cleaned, dusted down and polished. While with the U11 body - finger prints all over and a crappy screen print stuck on. This almost swayed me to the S8. But youtube videos comparing the two and my own HTC histroy made me stick with HTC.

There just does not seem to be any effort on the retailer's part to display it in all its glory compared to the galaxy and iphone displays. Just do not see how this helps HTC at all.

The reason for that is because Apple & Samsung pay to market their phones like that. If HTC put that kind of money into marketing maybe they would be a little bit more successful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_F_8QFRWuc

MrMobiles review seems kinda spot on for me to be fair.

I really like that Camera Accoustic Zoomy thing going on that is a real feature.

Last edited:
Soldato
What colour did you go for? Black and silver were both showing in stock this morning on htcs website. Hoping that means my black gets shipped soon but not holding breath!

I pre ordered brilliant silver. God knows when it will show up but I'm certainly not holding my breath either too!

Soldato
Can the squeeze thing be disabled? Realised my car holder (airframe +) will activate it which may be problematic!

Yeah it can. It may not be a problem though as when you set up Edge sense you configure your grip, so how hard you need to squeeze before it activates.

[EDIT] I let my battery get to 5% just so I can charge it to max and see how long it takes. It estimated 1h and it's almost been an hour, there's 15 minutes on estimate now to do 19% battery.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just had a go on a colleague's U11. Am seriously impressed boy does this thing fly. It's literally as fast as a Pixel phone. The screen is very impressive as well.

My U11 got delivered today but I won't be able to pick it up as I won't be home until tomorrow. I can't wait to have a go.

Soldato
Picked mine up at lunch time and coming from a nexus 6p it's very nice indeed. Can use it one handed which I'm very pleasantly surprised by!
Will share my thoughts on it properly later on but so far very pleased.

Back
Top Bottom