• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any news on the 3080ti

Associate
I said to myself I will skip this years, but could do with some more horsepower for my Vive Pro, however the 2080ti came out 6-7 months ago. Should we not hear some news or rumours on the next flagship card, that is how the process it seems to me normally goes followed by dodgy unnoficial benchmarks and iffy pictures further down the road ect. This should be starting from now if compared to timeline of previous years?

Soldato
Next year mate, we’re not in a rush
The 2080ti is a 4K 60 beast, the market needs to get cheaper 120hz 4K panels or the 3080ti power would be a waste outside ray tracing just to get capped at 60fps

Associate
OP
What have you got at the moment?
I got a Zotac 1080ti which I received on pre order realease day for the now modest sum of about £830. It`s enough for my 1080 27 inch triples, 144 hz. What I play im always getting about full 144 hz. 5760x 1080. But I could do with more grunt for the Vive Pro and certainly offerings other than the Rift S. Was also considering 3 larger 30 something size screens for my sim rig 144 hz with higher resolution. I think SLI is exctinct now?

Associate
OP
A side Issue, my Zotac 1080ti has much better connection options Im running my triples off 2x DP and one now obsolete DVI, this frees up my Vive Pro and Oculus to be left connected all the time with no hassles. On the 2080ti`s Im gona have a problem upgrading to Rifts S and running the Vive Pro having to disconnect one of my main screens and messing with Surround W10 settings every time. (unless they can be connected to this USB C port they all seem to have?) Maybe the top end 3080ti will have more connections like the higher 1080ti`s models?

Caporegime
The 2080ti is a 4K 60 beast, the market needs to get cheaper 120hz 4K panels or the 3080ti power would be a waste outside ray tracing just to get capped at 60fps

The market requires some good products for which that even matters, and by good I don’t just mean flashy ‘let’s making rays fly up your bum’ lighting... the gaming scene is trash right now.

I’m literally only waiting for 2077 and potentially Skyrim 2 (lowest expectations than I can muster), it’s so stale and makes me multi guess my ideas about what I even actually need for the games... I certainly don’t care about running benchmarks all day, and that market is assuredly not big enough.

Associate
I'd want a 3080Ti for VR - the new headsets have increased resolution pushed up to 120Hz. A 2080Ti is starting to look a little meagre now for heavy VR sim games.

Soldato

I seriously doubt it can maintain 60fps at all times, with no drops, even without RT (if you want to max settings), so a more powerful card, even with the current games, is more than welcomed - at a decent price, of course.

Back
Top Bottom