Any pilots here?

Associate
Are there any pilots amongst us? I have a few questions to ask r:e a trial flight as I've always fancied taking to the air

Caporegime
Sadly not, but I imagine being a chopper pilot is one of the best jobs in the world. Ever.

I can't imagine anything more awesome than being a helicopter pilot.

Sorry this doesn't help you, just wanted to say how awesome helicopter pilots must be :) Best job in the world!

Soldato
Sadly not, but I imagine being a chopper pilot is one of the best jobs in the world. Ever.

Sorry this doesn't help you, just wanted to say how awesome helicopter pilots must be :) Best job in the world!

Not a pilot nor know any but any job will quickly lose its splendor when you're doing the same thing. Like flying over an ocean or nondescript land for hours at a time.

Soldato
I'm pretty sure there is a pilot on these forums. Think his name is FL350 or or I think his location was set as FL350.

Soldato
I am a pilot .....only when I go nightclubs and chat women up
one day miami the next vegas good life! haha
captain psd99! :)

Commissario
I played Flight Simualtor as a kid quite extensively, what do you want to know?
I've got over 1,000 hours with this simulator. It's a full systems and procedural 747 sim, it does nothing else.

I would like to know if you think you can land a real 747. :p
Yes. Well, I've 'flown' one of the BA 744 simulators at Cranebank and successfully landed it a few times. Full instrument landing in poor weather? Not a chance. Clear skies, little wind, no problem. And it would be usable again :)

/edit - I've also 'flown' a Chinook sim at BAH in Gatwick. I wasn't very good, the aircraft wouldn't have been usable again!

We do have a few real pilots on here, I expect some will be along soon.

Soldato
My parents are both private pilots (well, not anymore due to ticker issues), flew loads as a kid, I was pretty good too, although I've never had the spare cash or time to take it up myself, it's a frighteningly expensive hobby to get into, you think PCs are bad!

Nothing better than going up on a miserable and popping out above the clouds in the sunshine, completely alone in your little bubble though.

Associate
OP
Thanks,

Basically no intention of going for a licence as I simply don't have the funds for it. But I live near Elstree & have been thinking about a trial flight just for the experience, any recommendations?

Soldato

Plus they can say "Get to da chopper" in a professional capacity. :D

So expensive to train though and I'd guess most come through military backgrounds.

Associate
Thanks,

Basically no intention of going for a licence as I simply don't have the funds for it. But I live near Elstree & have been thinking about a trial flight just for the experience, any recommendations?

Do it, it's huge fun. Though being in London your actual flying time may be limited given the amount of traffic in the air, your choice of Airfield is hugely important unless you're happy to be paying to sit on the Airfield until given the go ahead. It would certainly be interesting from a radio chatter stand point, however.

I did my trial flight in a Aero AT3 which is a 2 seater, I was given the choice to have 30mins in a Piper Warrior too but didn't bother.

Be prepared to want do do your PPL immediately afterwards! Take your phone/camera to get some cockpit shots/film of you flying in case you never do it again.

Back
Top Bottom