Any way to read overclockers forums offline?

Associate
Hi, just sat here waiting for a plane back to blighty and using the free wifi to download reddit offline to pass some time while im in the air and was wondering if there was any sort if app that would enable me to do the same with these lovely forums? I suspect the answer is a big no but i just thought i'd ask.

Soldato
Should be easy enough to write a quick script if the post numbers are ordered in sequence, just grab the HTML consecutively, but I don't know of an offical app. Google something like, 'Download webpages by number', then take a guess from your URL in your browser what number to start at and finish at.

Soldato
If it's just for reading, couldn't you just see the pages loaded into the cache?

You would need to have already clinked on the thread for that to work. I think he means a snap-shot of the current forums so he can read offline. As a tube user it would be useful for me as well if the technology exists

Soldato
The best way is to load the forum on your PC or laptop. Then chose the Sub-forum you want to read, Open a thread, get your smart phone out and take a picture of the first posts, then scroll down a bit and take a picture of the next posts. Rinse and repeat this for every thread and post on the forum. Shouldn't take you too long.

Last edited:
Soldato
The best way is to load the forum on your PC or laptop. Then chose the Sub-forum you want to read, Open a thread, get your smart phone out and take a picture of the first posts, then scroll down a bit and take a picture of the next posts. Rinse and repeat this for every thread and post on the forum. Shouldn't take you too long.

Might as well print out the threads and make a book!

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

:D ... not sure if serious?

Back
Top Bottom