Any Windows 10 Creators Update users out there?

Associate
I think there may be a serious bug with it and if anyone else can confirm it, that would be great.
My monitor has multiple refresh rates 60,100,120,144hz. Sometimes I use a custom refresh rate of 80hz for certain games that I set in Nvidia Control Panel. However, none of my games acknowledge any custom refresh rates (the desktop is fine), only the preset ones of 60,100,120,144hz are recognised. I have tried several Nvidia drivers with the same result. This only happened after I cleanly installed the Creators Update. If anyone else could please confirm this, it would be much appreciated.

Associate
OP
Well, after several hours I finally fixed the bug. It was caused by the Creators update GAME MODE.
Turn all this **** off and it reverts back to normal.

Associate
Yeah I just have. Apparently, game mode is conflicting with many Nvidia control panel features. I wish Microsoft would just leave gaming stuff alone and leave it to AMD and Nvidia.

Yep. Game Mode was transposing the colours blue & red on my machine. I mean just who did MS have test this thing? Anyone? Or did they just say 'screw the bugs we have to ship' again?

Soldato
Yeah I just have. Apparently, game mode is conflicting with many Nvidia control panel features. I wish Microsoft would just leave gaming stuff alone and leave it to AMD and Nvidia.
Nah, MS is best placed to optimise the OS under certain usage scenario's such as gaming. Give it a bit of time, NV/AMD probably will include optimisations for this in their next driver releases to get the best out of it and MS will likely improve it too with time especially if users provide feedback to help with this.

Caporegime
even if i turn off game mode DSR isnt working. can anyone who has DSR working with the update share any tips?

okay this may help some but to get DSR to work you have to reboot your pc.if it isnt then go back into game and it will let you do it.dont know why but it works.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
even if i turn off game mode DSR isnt working. can anyone who has DSR working with the update share any tips?

okay this may help some but to get DSR to work you have to reboot your pc.if it isnt then go back into game and it will let you do it.dont know why but it works.

My "custom refresh rate" bug returned.....but, if I reboot after changing it, then it holds. Maybe you have to reboot with all changes like you had to with DSR?

Soldato
And this sort of thing is why I don't install updates on release..... mines sitting there ready to update but I like to be as bug free as possible. I've even set up a script to deal with antivirus updates so I can put it off as long as possible :)

Soldato
I have a wonderful bug where whenever I play any game on my TV in fullscreen, it displays in 24hz/fps and is thus unplayable.

Just wonderful. Only happens after Cretin Update.

Fortunately games usually have borderless windowed, so I can still play at 60fps. But if I want to use DSR, I am out of luck.

I reported it to nVidia though, maybe they will get it fixed. Not like this breaks game playability or anything. Oh MS, how I effin hate you.

Soldato
Should have hung on and not bothered to install this update....

periodically I keep getting low memory warnings, I have 16GB of RAM and minimal start up programs. Never seen that issue before but I am seeing it often now.

I can be browsing and suddenly I get a low memory or resource warning.

Grrrrr

Back
Top Bottom