• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anybody bought a PoV GTX465 recently?

Soldato
i thought if he orded on tuesday then he should have got the this week only price ?

Actually you are quite right.

Perhaps query this with OCUK. The price did go up due to the card coming off of 'This Week Only', however, he should have got it for the lower price if ordered on Tuesday.

EDIT: I ran my usual benchmarks last night with the card at 700/1400/3368. Framerates jumped by roughly 10% in both JC2 and Mafia II. PLaying the demo of Mafia II (I really need to install the full game) saw framerates never drop below 80 and spend most of the time above 100. Looking at my numbers its also around 20fps faster than my GTX460 1GB (overclocked to 800/1600/4000) running at the same settings.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I can also report that my card is running at 700/1400 at stock voltage without issue. Havent tried upping the memory yet but i'm seeing a nice performance increase. Not sure if i'll keep this high though as my temps are peaking at 93 degrees with the stock fan profile. Could up the fan but its already too loud for my tastes lol.

I just hope somebody gets some stock of the gelid icy vision soon!

Associate
Was given a PoV 465, just configured it to work as a 470, havnt checked it for stability yet, but all seems well. *touches wood*

Edit: I ran a quick dirt 2 benchmark before and after - Ultra Settings @ 1920 x1080

465 - 59.4 Avg -- 45 Min
470 - 66.2 Avg -- 51.7 Min

11.4% ~ improvement

Last edited:
Associate
maybe asking a stupid question does anyone know is ock pov all have the same memory or it is all a guess?? because it would be a shame to spend that money and find out that i had the 8 mem version???

maybe someone from ock can answer this question???

Associate
Another success:

gtx%20465.gif
gtx470.gif

Just to let others know I had a little issue getting the drivers to install and show the card as the 470. Eventually got it to work after erasing the eeprom first on the card then flashing it.

Soldato
Another success:

gtx%20465.gif
gtx470.gif

Just to let others know I had a little issue getting the drivers to install and show the card as the 470. Eventually got it to work after erasing the eeprom first on the card then flashing it.

Assuming you just tried to flash it as first with a 470 bios this would have been the cause of your driver issues.

The eraseeeeprom command must be used when flashing to remove any trace of the 465 in the bios. It has something to do with the id (bios) of the card effectively being held in the GPU's memory and thus it will conflict if left in tact.

Soldato
Both of mine were unlockable...... had to give smidgen more volts to get stable folding but all good, going to flog my GTX460 and get one more of these babies for my LAN rig as they all seem capable..

175 for a 470 is crazy...

Soldato
Try either clocking the memory back down to GTX465 clocks or upping the core voltage one notch. I have read that this solves a few problems for other people.

Also reading the overclock.net thread there are a couple people suggesting using a different GTX470 bios (as the one on the POV card is different than the original card used to create the unlock pack).

As for my card, its perfectly stable running Mafia II and Just Cause 2 (benchmarking and games). Just Cause is randomly dropping back to the desktop (but still running), it did this with my GTX460 so I think its a driver issue rather than a card issue.

EDIT: My card also idles in the mid 40's with a custom fan profile (using MSI afterburner). This is in a Fractal Design Define R2 with manually controlled case fans @ ~ medium.

I had to slightly tweak volts (.96 > .98) and all good now.

Back
Top Bottom