Anybody on Three?

Associate
I just tentatively ditched EE after 10 or so years for 3's 12Gb for £14 (£55 back from TCB). I'm on a EE max deal with 10Gb for £17 but constantly hit the limit towards the last few days of the month, but they couldn't come close to the 3 deal, and the deal that they offered was an essentials package. The go binge on netflix clinched it for me.

I'm now hoping the coverage and data speeds aren't too much worse than EE. We'll see.

Associate
4G+ here now on Three so speeds are very good (this mornings speed)

4847112371.png

Soldato
If only, seems to be progressively getting worse where I am unfortunately, I won't even receive phone calls or messages without Wi-Fi Calling at home now.

Caporegime
Bump. I remember why I left 3 now. Recently jumped over to a sim only deal for £7 month (ID Mobile who piggy back off 3), all seemed great at first. But then it hit me, 3 was basically non existent inside buildings (bar my home). It's almost like clockwork, as soon as I enter a building it just disappears or there will be a couple of bars but the signal is definitely gone. Trains much worse with signal as well than my previous networks and just random moments where it brain farts. I left 3 years ago and it seems like nothing has changed one bit (in my experience).

Soldato
As with every network, entirely depends on your local coverage. We've got a decent 3 signal in the South East. I use a 3 4g hub for our domestic internet as well.

You can get a 24 month 12GB/Unlimited/Unlimited sim only deal with 3 for £7 a month. Hard to argue with that.

Associate
Yup been with them for years and tend to try other networks with the rest of my family, three always comes up trumps for us.

It definately depends on what phone and where you are though, a friend of mine struggles on three where I have no issues and it was because he bought a cheap Mi phone off of amazon and it is not UK spec so misses some bands.

Caporegime
Yeah I am on a similar deal though think it's 10GB a month for £7. I am not fussy these days but almost a guarantee to have no signal in most buildings compared to almost none with other networks is a bit of deal breaker :(. The issue has happened across multiple phones as well.

I've had good times with them - the days of unlimited data and easily clocking 100GB a month :p. I barely do a handful of GBs these days.

Soldato
I've just recently left Three for GiffGaff after probably 7 years. We moved to an area where i could get a Three signal good enough for phone calls etc, but mobile data was awful with something like 3Mbps down on 4G. It wasn't a massive issue tbh as 99% of the time i was connected to WiFi.

But the nail in the coffin was Three telling me that in order to continue at the same price i had to sign up for another 12 month contract, or else if i was to continue on a rolling contract the price would pretty much double (£10 to £19 a month). If the rolling contract price remained then i would more than likely have just carried on paying it.

Also surprised that Three's retention team hadn't phoned to offer a better deal. Goes to show the value of any loyalty.

Soldato
Cancelled my Three contract yesterday. They were great but with changes to the rules due to roaming etc. I dont see the point staying on contract. Also I dont know what happened but over the last 2 years I get barely any signal in my house. I had been with Three for about 8 years.

Associate
On id mobile. My 2 year contract is up in August.. cant wait to leave.. in my area it is just awful. In door signal... no chance.. normal phone calls. Straight to voice mail because of the lack of signal..

Soldato
I'm on 3 and I've just started picking up 5G at home but the speed test is indicating a speed worse than old skool ADSL. Not sure what that is all about.

Associate
I have a Smarty Sim that runs on the 3 network, another 5G tower has just been installed approx 400m from my home last week. The 3 network has really good 5G coverage in the Hull area and the towers are connected to City Fibre's dark fibre network that has excellent speed. Really impressed for £10 a month and no contract!

smartyspeetest.jpg

Associate
I was on Three for the longest time. Mobile data reception, especially in shopping centres and in buildings in general was very spotty - I finally got fed up and left for Voxi/Vodaphone about 6 months ago. Much better consistency in signal.

I have a Smarty Sim that runs on the 3 network, another 5G tower has just been installed approx 400m from my home last week. The 3 network has really good 5G coverage in the Hull area and the towers are connected to City Fibre's dark fibre network that has excellent speed. Really impressed for £10 a month and no contract!

smartyspeetest.jpg

Impressive!

My phone is on Three and recently got a 5G router running a 2nd Three sim card. For £16/month, it's unlimited data. When I say unlimited, I mean that. No fair usage policy. Not quite your speeds but I constantly get mbit speeds in the high 200s here in Stafford. I live a few hundred metres from one of the block of flats so probably picking up 5G from there and it's only been a recent thing. Without 5G, I was stuck with a 50mbit VDSL pipe unless I went back to Virgin and there is no way I was going back to them because cancelling with them was a nightmare!

Back
Top Bottom