Anyone bank with Nationwide. Check your inbox!

Soldato
Pleasantly surprised to see this in my inbox...

uc

I've been with them for over 5 years and this randomly came through. Happy Friday.

Anyone else get the same?

Firstly, thank you for continuing to be a member who banks and who borrows or saves with us. As you know, we’re a building society, not a bank, which means we can do things a little differently. Like the Nationwide Fairer Share Payment, which allows us to share profits with our members.

Your Nationwide Fairer Share Payment
We’re delighted to confirm we will be giving you £100. This is because when we last checked on 31 March you were a member eligible for the Nationwide Fairer Share Payment. You can expect to receive the money between 13 and 30 June.

How you’ll get the payment
You don’t have to do anything. So long as you still have an open current account, we’ll transfer it straight to you. Just so you know, should you only have a joint current account with us, this is where we’ll make the payment.

You can find full details on who will be eligible for the payment and how we’re treating it for tax purposes in our terms and conditions.

Why are we doing this?
We’re making this payment as part of our enduring commitment to rewarding our members, which remains as important to us today as it always has done.

If you’d prefer not to get the payment
If for any reason you don’t want to receive the money, you can opt out. You just need to let us know by 7 June.

Otherwise, we’ll simply transfer the money into your current account. We just wanted to let you know, so that when you see that extra £100 you’ll know where it came from and why.

Thank you again for your ongoing membership.

Your Nationwide Team

Soldato
I've banked with them for years, haven't had that email!

E: Looks like I probably don't qualify as you need a current and savings (or mortgage) account, and I closed all my savings accounts with them a while ago and just have a current a/c

Last edited:
Soldato
Pleasantly surprised by this also. I've kept my mortgage with Nationwide since taking it out, will probably see it through to the end with them.

Caporegime
Are they finally effectively paying a dividend to thier customers?

I don't qualify as closed my current account with them few months ago. But I had zero savings with them anyway. Except a fixed rate bond. (which I still have)

Last edited:
Soldato
You only qualify if you pay them money for your account tho right?

Doesnt look like it

Type of current accountAdditional requirements
FlexPlusWe require you to pay the monthly fee for maintaining the account.
FlexOne, FlexStudent or FlexGraduateYou must have received at least one payment in or made one payment out of your account during March 2023. Any charges or interest, or adjustments made to your account balance do not count.
FlexAccount, FlexDirect or FlexBasicIn two of the three months of January 2023, February 2023 and March 2023, you must have received at least £500 into your current account. Transfers in from other Nationwide accounts do not count.

Plus, you must have made at least two payments out of your account each month, in two of those three months.

Any charges or interest, or adjustments made to your account balance do not count as payments into your current account or payments out of your current account.

You do not need to have met the above requirements if you completed a switch to your FlexAccount, FlexDirect or FlexBasic using the Current Account Switch Service between 1 January 2023 and 31 March 2023.

Last edited:
Soldato
we've had a mortgage with them for about 15 years but no current account so nada for us
I've got a mortgage + current account but you need to have a premium acc from what I can tell.

Edit: ah thanks FB. I don't use the current account at all, so that explains it!

Last edited:
Soldato
Got a savings account which hasn't really been touched and a mortgage account so hopefully I should get an email :o

Edit
Looks like I won't since I've got a combination of the qualification accounts but not the right combination :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
I've banked with them for years, haven't had that email!

E: Looks like I probably don't qualify as you need a current and savings (or mortgage) account, and I closed all my savings accounts with them a while ago and just have a current a/c
I just have a savings account, had it for donkies years, ah well :/

Soldato
Don't have a savings account so I don't qualify. Yet I do everything through them with my current account and credit card. I'll send in a complaint and theaten to close my accounts. Banked with them for god knows how many years. Takes the **** if everyone else gets £100

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom