Anyone bought from Autodoc?

Soldato
Same horrific experience with AUTO DOC this website or should is say loads of website across Europe mainly. I have ready most of their team are based out of Ukraine. I have ordered two pieces that never came and took so long to ship when they were mentioned to be in stock. Clearly this business is an order crushers. all they want is orders, no matter what is the customer enduring. Besides their support is really untrained and mostly clueless they keep changing ticket manager all the time. Their way of doing business is very misleading very far from our European standards.

I recommend Oscaro, i was delivere dthe next day, unbelivable.

Why would you go and advertise in stock pieces jsut to have them sold on the back of the customer schedule ? its insane.

to finish with be aware of their photos showing side of the cars, they are SOMETIMES reversed sometimes, go and figure.

so you registered just to bash a company on a thread that is a few months old.. and recommend another company?

have used them recently for some oil filters as they were cheap and they did turn up in a week, that is during xmas period too!

no complaints.

Associate
Bit of a thread bump but I only found this topic after ordering from Autodoc yesterday. All seemed normal, I ordered some Eibach springs, and I can see the money has been taken from my credit card. Then around 7pm I got the following email...

"Dear Customer,

My name is Daniel Braun, a Monitoring Department operator, from the spare parts company.
We would kindly ask you to return the call to this phone number:

+442035145505, to complete the processing procedure."

Now despite reading like a phishing scam email I think it is genuine but seems very strange to me. Did any of you who have successfully bought from Autodoc have to phone them to "complete the processing procedure" ??

EDIT: They just phoned me (which makes more sense than asking me to phone them seeing as they had my number). Still not sure why but maybe because I had a different billing and delivery address.

Still I think it would better when they send emails like the one above that they address the customer by name and are more specific than calling themselves "the spare parts company".

I guess you get what you pay for and I did save about £35!

Last edited:

Cob

Cob

Soldato
Bought Eibach springs for my MX5 from them in October. No problems at all. Saved about £40, with postage to NI being even cheaper than from mainland Britain. Took about 8 days via DHL, so I wouldn't use them for urgent items.

Then ordered a Gates thermostat before Xmas, again no problems and saved a good few quid.

But no, no phone calls from them.

Associate
Not a good experience with AutoDOC, I bought a prop shaft bolt for my pickup from them. I put in my vehicle make, model and engine size, but they sent me a bolts for a car. I complained and they said their website search only brings back 60% of the items relating to the vehicle you input, the other 40% is just nonsense. So you have a 1 in 3 chance of getting the wrong part. I asked for a refund but they refused. I would try Mister Auto or CAR PARTS 4 LESS, I'm not saying they are perfect but at least they refund you when they send the wrong parts.

Caporegime
I bought an obscure plastic pipe for the fuel pump on my old Volvo from them it didn’t turn up so got one elsewhere, direct from Volvo iirc.

Wasn’t too bothered, it was under £5.

This was around May last year, it turned up in early December (sold the Volvo in August) :p

Last edited:
Associate
By coincidence I've just used this company for the first time this week.

Order placed on Monday (Eibach Springs) which are about £50 cheaper than places in the UK. Also had the same phone call as above, probably because the delivery address was different to the billing address.

In summary, items dispatched Tuesday and arrived from Germany on today (Friday).

Overall, been happy with the service by Autodoc.

Soldato
Just placed an order with them, I to got the message about phoning them. I think its just a security check to make sure its not a fraudulent transaction. They never asked me anything that I hadn't revealed in the order.

Soldato
I used them to get a ac condenser .. It was crazy cheap. 60 quid vs ebay ones at 100. Then again, I haven't opened the box.

Associate
I bought some bits from there a month or two ago, strut top mounts for all four corners. Unfortunately the KYB catalogue is wrong, and thus i ordered the wrong parts for the car. The returns process was fine, but obviously the postage was a bit of a mare as it had to be sent back to Germany instead of their "office" in London.

It went smoothly, but still it would make me spend more time ensuring the parts were definitely the correct ones before order. Though, again, it wasn't the fault of AutoDoc, but KYB.

Soldato
Received my order of some Bilstein B4 shocks from Autodoc today, they were sent DHL from Germany and took 1.5 weeks to arrive here in Jersey. I had to ring them first to complete the order which was a bit odd but its just a security check.

Associate
Beware of buying from Autidoc. I ordered a part ...they sent a non compatible part. I was advised to refuse delivery which I did
The part was returned to them. I'm still awaiting a refund after 30 days. Please buy from a uk supplier...not one in Germamy.....AutoDoc and carparts uk are the same company.......terrible customer services.

Associate
I purchased shock absorbers from this company a couple of months ago. I live in Australia and was planning a trip to Europe, so requested they forward them top my mechanic, who would fit them upon my return a month later. When he tried to fit one of the shocks he found it was not suitable for my make/brand of car. I contacted Autodoc and explained the situation, pointing out that I had used their search engine (detailing make, model, year of manufacture and power in KW. They informed me that their search engine is only 80% accurate. They then asked for the car's VIN number which they than agreed was not the correct part for the car. They had not requested the VIN when I purchased the items or informed me of the inaccuracy of their search tool. They refused to offer a refund or replacement, instead suggesting the correct parts which I could now buy from them.
Trust is a key element in purchasing products online - especially when such distances are involved. I was very disappointed with their response and unwillingness to help or recognise any element of fault on their part. I have now ordered the correct parts, but not from Autodoc - from a website whose returns policy is considerably more reliable/trustworthy, and with whom I have had more happy dealings - ebay!

Soldato
Lol at all these 1 posters.

Autodoc is great, BUT, YOU NEED to check part numbers first. Double check, triple check... Then order. Very good savings to be had

Associate
OP
Lol at all these 1 posters.

Autodoc is great, BUT, YOU NEED to check part numbers first. Double check, triple check... Then order. Very good savings to be had

^^This^^

I find the parts I'm after elsewhere to be 100% certain they're the correct ones for my car, then use the part number to check the price on Autodoc.

After the success of using Autodoc the last time I have this morning ordered up a replacement air conditioning compressor clutch assembly and a new thermostat. Let's see how this order goes....

Associate
OP
Recieved my dispatched email and DPD tracking number yesterday morning (3 days after placing the order) Should receive the parts on Wednesday (8 days after ordering)

Back
Top Bottom