Anyone bought from Autodoc?

Associate
I'm looking to purchase some front discs for my R26 Megane and Autodoc have the drilled Brembo discs listed for £38 each:

https://m.autodoc.co.uk/brembo/8013087

Online reviews seem mixed with the biggest issue being longer than stated delivery times. Now Im in no rush and the price is great, but obviously don't want to pay for something that isn't going to turn up.

Has anyone on here used Autodoc, or any of their other trading names? If so would you use them again or steer well clear?

Thanks

Associate
CUSTOMER BEWARE

Summary

The company distribution base is in Berlin.
Excessive delivery times.
Despite its T&Cs stating you cannot be refunded for parts that have been fitted. They actually ship secondhand parts as new in shoddy packaging wrapped excessively in cellotape.
When confronted they apologized for the “inconvenience”
No compensation, no explanation of how this occurred.

Ladies & Gents Don’t use this shamboric company. With my 40+ years in the auto industry I have dealt with a large amount of automotive parts suppliers at corporate and consumer level. They attempt to disguise the fact that their distribution base is in Berlin. They have absolutely no idea of customer service, feel free to waste your time with the inept customer chat service.
I have had genuine new Mazda parts shipped from Japan quicker than the used parts sent you AutoDoc from Berlin.
AutoDoc stipulates you cannot return used/fitted parts for refund yet delivered me a tatty torn box cello taped together with parts that had obviously been previously installed. I have posted photos of the status of the received “used” parts and requested how this could occur only to be given a response, basically sales blurb. At the end of the day I won’t be using this company again. I suggest you support your “local” auto parts retailer instead of this Berlin based incompetent company who would have you believe they are a uk depot.

Soldato
I've used them loads of times. Been fine.
Last month I had a full set of pulleys and tensioners delivered. All brand new and at 70% the cost of the local motorfactors

Soldato
I used them a few months ago. Bought a set of Eibach springs for my Audi, they arrived about a week later in perfect condition in a proper box. They were miles cheaper than anywhere else plus I got about £8 paid out via topcashback.

Associate
I'm having a bad time with these lot atm giving me the silly run-around.. IE taking a week to send me an order confirmation, thats after taking my money I might add!! hmmm. I also got pulled into the site just by looking at the ".co.uk", as well as thinking Autodoc sounded very familiar for some reason seeing as they use global part numbers for those in the know. They look professional but sadly thats where it ends for me thus far.
They are quite eager to put blame onto the customer for ordering on a sunday as well... meh. You just couldn't make it up.
Looks Longingly to the South :(

And I thought our German cousins had their **** Together! Clearly only some.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm having a bad time with these lot atm giving me the silly run-around.. IE taking a week to send me an order confirmation, thats after taking my money I might add!! hmmm. I also got pulled into the site just by looking at the ".co.uk", as well as thinking Autodoc sounded very familiar for some reason seeing as they use global part numbers for those in the know. They look professional but sadly thats where it ends for me thus far.
They are quite eager to put blame onto the customer for ordering on a sunday as well... meh. You just couldn't make it up.
Looks Longingly to the South :(

And I thought our German cousins had their **** Together! Clearly only some.
Autodoc are cheap. And for a reason.
It's the norm to have a few weeks lead time

Soldato
Took them two months to ship my parts, 3 weeks for order confirmation (payment left immediately), then of course it was the wrong part. Customer service was abysmally slow (week to reply on average, always to a different person who had no clue what the issue was). Honestly hopeless the two times I've been mad enough to use them and I won't be using them again. Its very odd, however, just how opposite reviews seem to be. Myself and others have had months of delays and terrible service, then people like yourself, Diagro, have never had any problems.

Associate
I used them a few months ago. Bought a set of Eibach springs for my Audi, they arrived about a week later in perfect condition in a proper box. They were miles cheaper than anywhere else plus I got about £8 paid out via topcashback.

I ordered the same springs for my ST220 and they came after 2 weeks. Did say next day when i ordered them though.

Fitted fine and much cheaper than anywhere else but after some of the horror stories i'm not in a hurry to order anything else.

Associate
I took issue with the site having a .co.uk address assuming it was in the UK while in a rush looking for what seemed like good quality parts, I didn't see what I wanted from the main sites I normaly use so took a punt. You know how it is when something breaks on a car. Also I have had a belly full of TAT from both main sites of late so I guess my frustrations rang out.
Parts have arrived, so thats about 10 days or so in total, I have to say that the parts are what I expected to recieve, Very good quality as described.
Maybe I was being a bit harsh and will try them again when parts are not needed in a rush, can't say my parts would have been a lot cheaper though than the local suppliers, but they do seem a lot less aggressive on loading prices so they look like your getting a great deal etc.
Parts 10
CS 2
Delivery 5

Associate
I've used them. I ordered euro style headlights to Finland to replace my British ones before I registered my car. They came from Berlin according to the email. They seemed fine to me although obviously I've not had to deal with them when things go wrong.

Soldato
I’ve used them, they were cheaper by far than anywhere else. They ultimately delivered and gave me a refund when they couldn’t source one part. It took a long time and they required some chasing.

I would be tempted to use them again if I wasn’t in a rush, but if you need something urgently you might struggle.

Soldato
Just to dig this up.

I finally used Autodoc to buy some TRW suspension arms for my car. 2 days later I get an email from them saying that one of the suspension arms is out of stock but they can offer me a Lemforder one for £20 extra. I declined this and asked how long it would be until the TRW one was back in stock. I got an email an hour later saying the TRW one I originally ordered is magically back in stock, but that "the price has gone up" and it'll be another £28 on top and that they won't be able to process my order until I pay the additional.

I'm kind of stunned by this - what an absolute scam. What kind of business advertises parts for a certain price, which you pay in full. Then email you a couple of days later saying "hmmm...actually, we've decided the price is 33% more than what you've paid, please send us more money".

Absolutely won't be using them ever again. I've ordered loads of car parts from many different German websites and all have been spot on. Autodoc (and their 100 associated websites which are identical but in a different name) though are such a shady outfit.

Associate
I used them a couple of times and no problem as such.
On one occasion, I purchased 4 Lemforder suspension arms and a slightly awkward Daniel Braun called soon after to say they didn't have all of them in Lemforder but I could have Stark or Febi and they would refund the difference. I got a bit ticked off with him and asked why I could see them as in stock and place an order - in the end we changed all 4 to TRW. I hate websites that do this, but the prices were far less than the big UK-based parts places, even with their '60% off' voucher code.

Soldato
I've used them, shipping takes a week as it comes from Germany. They did mess my order up as i ordered a rear nearside caliper and they sent me the offside as the had the part numbers mixed up on their website, even though it was their fault i can to do a normal return and then do a new order for the correct part which was a bit of a hassle.

Soldato
I asked for them to cancel my order in the end which they did last night.

I checked the website again today and the part that I paid £40 for, that went "out of stock", then came back in stock at £70 an hour later, is now back down at £40... :rolleyes: I sent an email to them pointing this out and they said they have changed suppliers (I count that as being the third new supplier in 24 hours!) and they even had the cheek to invite me to reorder.

Utter jokers - i'd prefer to pay a few quid more from a company that I trust rather than from this dodgy outfit.

Soldato
AutoDoc are purely a drop shipper...
They have good prices based off their buying potential.

I find that they say "in stock" because their suppliers have it showing as "in stock", to only find out that the supplier doesn't, this they don't.

I don't understand how people don't know this?

Soldato

I find that they say "in stock" because their suppliers have it showing as "in stock", to only find out that the supplier doesn't, this they don't.

I think people don't know this because most people don't care about the ins and outs of supply chains. If a website says something is in stock it's perfectly reasonable to expect it to actually be in stock.

Soldato

They probably ought to avoid stating things like this then, if they don't hold stock themselves and simply drop ship.

"AVAILABLE means that the product is available in our stock"

Back
Top Bottom