Anyone bought the Gigabyte AORUS FI27Q yet?

Soldato
Just wondering if anyone has bought this yet and what you think so far?

Looking at changing from my Predator x34 to something a bit faster and smoother, and this has caught my eye...

Soldato
OP
DP 1.4 has enought bandwidth to run at

2560 x 1440
10 bit colour
165 hz
HDR (even tho its not real HDR)

With DP 1.2 you'd have to run at 8 bit colour at 165Hz

Was just about to write that myself, lol. @robfosters If I'm buying a new monitor I want one that's going to get the most out of any new gpu I put in my rig over the years I have it.

Soldato
OP
The P has it's own product page on the Gigabyte website, stating the 1.4 displayport etc and there's a few YouTube videos comparing the models. I was under the impression they'd launch at the same time.

Soldato
OP
I don't think Gigabyte have handled the launch of these well at all, when even retailers and their own reps didn't know that there was another model coming with higher specs is bad. The fact that the price of the original hasn't been reduced by much at all when it should now surely be EoL is bizarre.

Soldato
OP
That's the thing, nobody seems to know, as I've already said they haven't reduced the price of the previous model, so what's happening on price is anyone's guess... I don't think dp 1.4 and 10bit at 165hz justifies that kind of price premium though on the same panel.

If I don't hear anything soon though I think I may just go with one of the newer LG's or wait to see what drops next year.

Soldato
OP
Jeez that article is full of mistakes, they've got the none p version but keep referring to it as the p. The difference being on the none p you get DP 1.2 and only 8bit colour at 165hz.

Granted I don't normally pay this much attention to product launches but this has been a fuster cluck for Gigabyte.

Soldato
OP
@NikTheSHNIK is Gigabyte customer service deliberately vague? Contacting them directly specifically about a release date and expected price and all I'm told is it's not currently available in the uk and it's up to the local release schedule but no info about when that might be or how I can find out.

Are there any really good monitor deals coming up on something comparable?

Soldato
OP
That Pixia looks good, its got all the features I want in the P but an additional dp port 1.4... would be interesting to see the reviews and it looks like it could be cheaper

Soldato
OP
Yeah, the American rainforest has it on at a decent price but I'm not waiting 3 months for delivery... I'm guessing around £600 - £650 though hopefully at the lower end otherwise it's just not worth it.

Soldato
OP
So I purchased the LG 34GK950F, Gigabyte have really dropped the ball on this one! The lack of anything concise has really put me off.

First impression of the LG is excellent, the Jayztwocents video where he hugged it sold it for me and at its current price was just about affordable. If you can stretch to it guys, go for it!

Back
Top Bottom