Anyone bought the Gigabyte AORUS FI27Q yet?

Soldato
Just wondering if anyone has bought this yet and what you think so far?

Looking at changing from my Predator x34 to something a bit faster and smoother, and this has caught my eye...

Soldato
OP
DP 1.4 has enought bandwidth to run at

2560 x 1440
10 bit colour
165 hz
HDR (even tho its not real HDR)

With DP 1.2 you'd have to run at 8 bit colour at 165Hz

Was just about to write that myself, lol. @robfosters If I'm buying a new monitor I want one that's going to get the most out of any new gpu I put in my rig over the years I have it.

Associate
Also the Lenovo Legion Y27Q-20 & Acer Nitro VG272UP seems to be the same screen as the LG 27GL850-B. The Legion is DP 1.4 the Acer spec says DP 1.4 but it seems to be limited to DP 1.2 might be a firmware issue.

Last edited:
Associate
The XG270QG has DP 1.2, not DP 1.4. It doesn't support HDR and uses an internal dithering process, so it doesn't need DP 1.4.

- How the first-generation of g-sync could supports the DCI-P3 color gamut ? Since it should be only supported by G-SYNC Ultimate..

We already know this monitor didn't bring hdr because of g-sync.

Associate
Ok thanks i understand so how to explain this tftcentral's comment when they reviewed lg 34gk950g
on the G model was the lack of an sRGB mode in the OSD menu. This meant that there was no preset mode which could offer an emulation of the smaller sRGB space. You are always going to need to operate the screen in its native wide gamut [...] This is because of the use of the G-sync module, and lack of an additional scaler/electronics on the G model.

Last edited:
Soldato
Emulation of the sRGB colour space is usually something G-SYNC models can't do. G-SYNC Ultimate models being the exception there (and the Acer XB273K P). But that has nothing to do with the native gamut, which is dictated by the backlight and a completely separate issue not limited or controlled by G-SYNC being present or not.

Soldato
Does anyone know the difference between this AORUS FI27Q and the AORUS AD27QD? Comparing specs the only difference seems to be the refresh rate (and 144 is just fine for me!)

I don’t believe it’s been officially confirmed what the hardware differences are. Perhaps the new monitor has better quality control. Perhaps it’s a higher binned panel. Perhaps it’s a slightly different panel altogether.

I think there are a few Owners of the first gen monitor that are concerned with the short time the monitor was sold before being replaced with a better monitor. I’d wait for the official reviews to know for sure.

Back
Top Bottom