• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone buying 1080 after ridiculous 1070 price

Caporegime
I think what PC enthusiasts need to understand is that it is, yep you guessed it, the culture of PC enthusiasts that are creating this blatant price whoring. They are so eager, so dare I say it, desperate for more incremental performance, that Nvidia know they can charge what they like and people will pay it. And, ultimately, despite the inevitable moans, they do.

That is the sad fact about PC gaming.

Last edited:
Associate
Every generation people still get surprised about this stuff.

There's always a mess at every release, between delays and ridiculous prices - just wait a few more weeks (and more reviews) before looking into the 10x0 series.

Pretend they don't exist (I mean is not like you can actually buy most of them anyway) and check again come July. Otherwise complain and be annoyed, but it's just lack of patience.

And I sold my 980Ti a while back, I know it isn't fun to be without GPU when there's Overwatch and Blood and Wine out.

Associate
high end never had good value compared to mid ranged cards, this is especialy true for the 1070/1080, nvidia shouldn't have pushed the price up for this line up, the 480 price just adds to the contrast, and most ppl know that the real enthusiasts cards Vega/Ti will come in about 6 months pushing performance ~30-40% further, and sending the 1070/1080 price to the floor, i excpect them to lose about half their value then to 250-350£.

Caporegime
high end never had good value compared to mid ranged cards, this is especialy true for the 1070/1080, nvidia shouldn't have pushed the price up for this line up, the 480 price just adds to the contrast, and most ppl know that the real enthusiasts cards Vega/Ti will come in about 6 months pushing performance ~30-40% further, and sending the 1070/1080 price to the floor, i excpect them to lose about half their value then to 250-350£.

Since when have high end cards lost 50 percent in value to other cards 6 months later?

Answer: never

Soldato
Freddie Krugar and Clown cards are clearly the best GPU's ever made.

Price / Performance kings of the world.

Well done KFA2, looking forward to the jigsaw card.

sPvaAdH.gif

You should get a free balloon with the clown card, would have been amazing.

sMTE3k9.gif

Soldato
Hilarious prices, this is what happens when there is no competition.

680 was exactly the same as 1080 but launched £200 cheaper because the 7970 existed

Soldato

You expect to see these cards at £250-350 in 6 months? More like 6 weeks once the customs hit the shelves and Nvidia/Retailers are done with taxing the impatient.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
Hilarious prices, this is what happens when there is no competition.

680 was exactly the same as 1080 but launched £200 cheaper because the 7970 existed

this is why amd need to step it up or we'l be getting fleeced for a good while longer. and sad to say i cant see the 480 making much of a dent unless its really a shockingly good card and the price doesnt fly up to £300 come release.

Back
Top Bottom